• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Not eating due to stress

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
Buxton had a very stressful weekend and went off his food and still is not eating and not interested in his usual activities. My kids were here for the weekend so our routine wasn’t the same but to make it worse Buxton quickly told us my daughter’s female dog, Bea, had something going on. Buxton would not leave her alone and we had to keep them separated. When it was Buxton’s turn to be out with us all he wanted to do was frantically sniff everywhere Bea had been. He got himself worked up and exhausted. Sunday we went to the store to get diapers for Bea so she hopefully wouldn’t leave as much scent on the floors. They left early Monday morning and Buxton still is not himself and not eating. He will eat treats but not his meals. He has always been eager for his meals In the past. I have been giving him CBD and using rescue remedy but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I also dosed Pulsatilla because that was his last remedy. Behavior, energy, appetite and mood are all significantly off.
My daughter took Bea to the vet and she has vaginitis.

What can I do for Buxton?
Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What can I do for Buxton?
Fast him.

And sorry about Buxton's low BEAM and stress from Bea. Is Bea spayed? How old is she?

Is his BEAM score better/worse/unchanged today compared to Mon? When was the Puls?

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
Bea is almost 11 months old and not spayed. She started her heat March 2nd.

Buxton’s BEAM is worse today. I gave the Puls yesterday.

How long should I fast him?
I took him in for a weight check yesterday and he lost 2 pounds since April 28. is that a concern?

Than you.
Debbie

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Don't worry, he'll soon be back to normal. Poor fellow, going through what every male does:) Losing a few pounds will not be bad for him - most dogs are a bit overweight anyway, despite our best efforts to be careful not to overfeed. What he is doing is perfectly normal under the circumstances. Your daughter will need to be quite careful with Bea any time she is in season. The dogs should be fine together at any other time...
I don't believe there is a remedy - nor should there be:) -for oestrus.

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
Don't worry, he'll soon be back to normal. Poor fellow, going through what every male does:) Losing a few pounds will not be bad for him - most dogs are a bit overweight anyway, despite our best efforts to be careful not to overfeed. What he is doing is perfectly normal under the circumstances. Your daughter will need to be quite careful with Bea any time she is in season. The dogs should be fine together at any other time...
I don't believe there is a remedy - nor should there be:) -for oestrus.
Thank you, Ginny
That eases my mind Hope we can get back to normal soon.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Not to worry. Many males fast, even for days, when around females in heat that they cannot mate. And he is even eating treats. Feed treats till he is back to his normal appetite.

One of the most important benefits of being a member is to lessen your worries. After 40 years of holistic vet practice, I have found that waiting resolves most, even seemingly serious problems.

Ginny is right - no visits when she is in heat.

Be sure you are recording in the journal all that happened, when you gave the Pulsatilla and what potency, then the changes each day till back on an even keel. Check the early warning signs of internal imbalance - some may resolve from this activation of the vital force.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom