• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

No tear ducts

JaneS

VIP Member
Registered
I rescued Leonardo right before the pandemic. When I got him his eyes were weepy and it was assumed it was a left over from the virus when he was a kitten. I am unsure of the name that all the cats get when they are babies well most of them when they’re feral. after examining him the vet concluded that he has occluded tear ducts. Erythromycin or Terramycin seem to make this matter worse for him. He gets weepy if he stressed and when he wakes up in the morning he usually has dried spots on his face where his eyes tear. She recommended a viral eyedrop I believe it’s called idoxipine? I haven’t tried it yet but is there anything else that could be recommended before I do? I use liquid tears twice a day in his eyes also per her instructions

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Liquid tears are a great temporary solution and cannot hurt.

Homeopathy has been successful with restoring blocked tear ducts, so I would schedule an appointment with a homeopath before trying new drugs that would probably need to be given for life.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom