• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

No Energy in my dog

juliewaite

VIP Member
Registered
Can someone help we figure out what homeopathic remedy to try on my 14 yr old female dog "Daisy". She has had very low energy for some time now and is not eating like she used to. She is mostly blind now but can still walk to go outside and else where in the house so she's not completely blind and I think her hearing is becoming affected too now. When I clap my hands she hears that.

I should also say that she doesn't eat a raw diet. I haven't been able to get her to eat raw meat. She'll eat cooked meats and sweet potatoes, french fries and sometimes broccoli. I also give her canned food. Her health went down some since feeding her cooked meats instead of the dry I used to give her. I keep feeling that she hasn't been getting adequate nutrition. The last bloodwork she had showed slightly low in the pancreas and kidneys.

Last edited:

Carol L.

VIP Member
Registered
Hi,
I’m a fellow aging dog mom.
I feel you may be right with Daisy not getting proper nutrition with her cooked diet. Wondering,, with her cooked meals, does she get a good vitamin and mineral supplement?
I’ve cooked for my emma also, and learned importance of quality, balanced vitamin,mineral mix, etc. You may already be on top of that.
Best to Daisy from my Emma.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Julie-

Thanks so much for your great input Carol!

Julie, before you think about any specific homeopathic medicine for Daisy, I have a few questions.

First is, which canned food and what % of her diet is the canned food?

If it's at least half, I suspect her low energy problems is not in nutritional balance. Especially since her recent bloods are "OK" (the changes you mention are fine).

When did Daisy last have normal energy?

Did anything in her life change around when her energy dropped?

Has she had any vaccinations or any drugs in the past few months?

When was the blood work run, and would you upload a copy to the forum?

My last question (for now) is whether she's had any health challenges or adverse symptoms throughout her life?

Let us know so we can help sort out Daisy's low energy.

BTW-30 minutes/day of using a snuffle mat will increase her cellular energy and can be started as soon as you get one.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom