• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New remedy or deep healing?

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
I have been dosing Karma with ars. Alb. 6c every 2 weeks or so since Sept. I dosed him with 30c on Jan. 16 as the 6c stopped being effective. Now Karma is regurgitating, his eye is running and he wants to be near the radiator/heat. In addition he vomited a hairball. I have rinsed his eye with saline and goldenseal and given him Petwellbeing hair ball gold. I also give him coconut water to drink so the food stays down and he does not regurgitate.After the discussion last night I believe these are just different symptoms of the underlying kidney disease.
Feedback please. Do I look for new remedy, return to 6c? Any other suggestions?

keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Keely! :snowman:

The question whether to stick with a specific homeopathic medicine or to look for a new one is very important.

The answer lies in symptom details which you can determine using the 4 Ps.

For example, how Persistent is the regurgitation? Is it daily, or particularly Prominent?

Is it Problematic or seem particularly uncomfortable for him?

Is there anything Peculiar about it like a putrid odor or weird appearance?

Similar questions apply to his eye symptoms.

Are these new symptoms or worsening of prior ones?

Have you had any blood or urine tests to trend his kidney results?

Please let us know.

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff:

The regurgitation is an old symptom from 2016 which resolved from me pureeing his food and giving him aloe Vera juice. Right now the symptom is persistent happening every time he eats (his food is still puréed). When he grooms his whiskers after he eats he seems about to regurgitate as if the hair will not go down. I give him coconut water through a syringe and tell him to swallow and the problem resolves. There is no odor; however I think his esophagus is inflamed from the excess stomach acid that his kidneys can no longer secrete because he threw up white foam this morning.

his eye running is also an old symptom and comes and goes. Just a clear liquid, no mucus or anything, just a clear discharge that is persistent every day or two. Again it just might be a way for his body to secrete toxins that his kidneys can no longer filter.

I will text Dr. Shapiro to see if she can do the blood tests.

keely

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Is it possible that this is just an aggravation from the 30c potency vs. a reason to change remedies? Dr. Hamilton’s book talks about an aggravation of old symptoms within 21 days of dosing

thank you,
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, a re-balancing of his symptoms is very possible, and often a good sign, after an increase in potency.

Especially if his BEAM is better.

Since it's only been 6 days since the 30c, your best bet is to wait another week or two.

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff:

Karma's eye symptoms have resolved but the regurgitation continues even with the aloe vera. In addition, he has once again begun to vomit white foam in the morning. I was thinking of giving him nat-c (natrum carbonicum) in 6 c. The New World Veterinary book shows it in bold caps under nausea, vomiting - foamy, frothy and the materia medica states: heartburn with acid regurgitation and esophageal problems, irritation of the mucus membranes, must drink in order to swallow solids, better from eating, gastric pains. The remedy sounds like a good match, although it is not specifically for the kidney.
What do you think?

On another note I texted Dr. Shapiro to ask her to do Karma's blood tests and did not get a reply. Do you know if she is still doing house calls? Can you ping her?

Is there a place in Connecticut that you obtain your homeopathic remedies/herbal supplements?

Thank you,
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Keely-

Nat-c is a great thought for Karma's vomiting!???

However I don't know that the vomiting itself is the most characteristic symptom.?

Since he has done so well with Ars, have you looked at its' complementary remedies?

One of them may address the totality of his internal imbalance even better.

Here's the remedies known to be complementary:

ars. - ars- complementary remedies: (59) acon. aesc. All-s. ant-t. anth. anthraci. apis aran. arn. Ars-i. bapt. Bell. blatta-o. Bry. cact. Calc. calc-p. CARB-V. cean. chel. chin. colch. cupr. cupr-ar. dig. echi. ferr. graph. HEP. hydr. iod. ip. Kali-bi. kali-c. kreos. lach. lyc. Merc. Nat-s. nit-ac. Nux-v. PHOS. psor. Puls. Pyrog. rat. rhus-t. Sec. Sep. sil. staphycoc. Sulph. tab. tarax. tarent. tarent-c. THUJ. tub. verat.

Thuja is an interesting thought as it may address a sycotic part of his imbalance and help Ars work better (you would give Thuja, watch the response and possibly then go back to Ars).

There are no homeopathic pharmacies in CTY, but you can find many remedies in health food stores like Organic Market in Westport.

For a homeopathic pharmacy consider Standard or Washington homeopathy.

Washington also sells great kits of their remedies.

I suggest everyone have one of their "emergency" kits which contain 50 of the most frequently needed homeopathic medicines.

No, I am not aware of a good source for herbal medicines in CT other than through health food stores and practitioner vets, naturopaths, etc.

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff:

I chose CARB-V because it fit the symptom picture particularly well including the "peculiar" symptom of pupils not responding to light. I dosed him with the 6c on Jan 28. The regurgitation has stopped; however his vomiting of white foam has increased. His appetite is weird; he will take a few licks walk away not want it and then be ok eating a few minutes later. He is also displaying signs of nausea, e.g. licking wood, eating plastic, etc. His energy is a little dissipated.

I was thinking of giving him Q-tip dose of 6 c of Ars. Alb. as it is listed as an antidote in Murphy's materia medica to get him back on track.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The vomiting and regurgitation are only one part of Karma's totality of symptoms (which expresses his individuality). Let's look at the gestalt of his dis-ease.

How was his BEAM 1/29-2/1?

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff:

Karma scared me last night with his behavior; he threw up food which he never ever does and he just was not himself. I fed him homemade chicken broth when he felt a little better and later dosed him (very small dose) with 6c of ars. alb. and am happy to report that I have a new cat! He woke me up this morning for food, ate as soon as the food was put down, did not vomit anything including white foam nor food, did not regurgitate, his eye is not running and he seems happy, so of course, I am happy!!!!

I also purchased ars. alb. in 12 c because I think the 30 c was too strong for him. I think in due time I will give the 12 c a try. I think I will leave switching remedies alone for now.

Thank you for everything that you do and teach,
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

Good work Keely!:snowman::snowman::snowman:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom