• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Anal lesion in senior cat

LaurenZ

All-Access Member
Registered
I gave him the Ars 30 last night at 6:30pm. I dosed him lying down and a few minutes later he sat up. Continued to refuse any food on my hand. At 7pm he walked to a far corner of the room and lay down on the bare floor, staring off into space intently. At 7:30 he returned to his bed in front of the heater and lies down with his back against the heater. (Seemed unaware of the high heat of the heater on his fur so I inserted a rolled blanket as a buffer). He purred faintly when I patted him. Otherwise he seemed listless. I slept in another room so not sure how he slept but found him alert and purring around 6am.

FYI, the reiki practitioner today felt he was "in transition" but in no pain. I'll keep the positive vibes going though to give him every chance.

Let me know when I should re dose. I'll reschedule the vet and do the reiki 2x per day. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
No pain is wonderful to hear!

Now might be a good time to succuss and redose.

LaurenZ

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff, I spoke with Gail Pope which was super helpful. SO, after all this I think sweet Ollie is dying. The very good news is that he is so calm and peaceful and I see no evidence of discomfort or pain. He refused food all day, but drank water twice and still purrs when I pat him - otherwise he goes in and out of alert states and stays lying down, changes position once in a while. My question is how do I proceed with dosing the Ars 30? I dosed him last night at 7:45 pm and soon after he got up to change position and lie down facing the opposite direction. The he started drooling and staring ahead. No drinking or eating after that. Hasn't used his litter box since yesterday.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so glad that Ollie is comfortable and that you got to connect with Gail!

He should rest quietly tonight.

Perhaps succuss and redose the Ars anytime you feel he is uncomfortable. This should re-balance him enough to provide some comfort.

At the same time, keep talking to and stroking him lovingly and helping him purr (which can calm him similar to ujjayi in people practicing pranayama) to activate his rest and restore reflex (as it does in people).

LaurenZ

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you! I'm grateful to have the Ars on hand, if needed, and will keep helping him purr. That's interesting that purring is similar to ujjayi and activates the rest and restore reflex.

LaurenZ

All-Access Member
Registered
He doesn't seem in pain but has been getting up more often to drink water (every half hour or so) - then lies down peacefully. I thought I might doze him before I go to bed but do I need to keep him away from drinking water 20 minutes before and after the dose? Or just leave him alone, let him drink and don't re dose?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Perhaps dose and just let him continue to drink as he wants.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom