• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New puppy and FHV1 pos with residual Clostridia kitten

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
Hi everybody,
I have 9 mo old kitten who is FHV, FCoV pos and with some residual Clostridia. She is currently on the fecal replacement treatment , doing well and hopefully in a month we will get rid of Clostridia. Once in a while her URI symptoms are back just for a few days. She is also on Chinese herbs prescribed by TCM vet. We are planning to get a puppy In May. Is it safe for a puppy to bring him home having a kitten who is a herpes virus carrier as well as some Clostridia overgrow? We are this predicament since December and need at least another month to get Clostridia to the normal level. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Elena and thanks for making your first post!
Is it safe for a puppy to bring him home having a kitten who is a herpes virus carrier as well as some Clostridia overgrow?
Yes, it is safe. However, do you think having a new puppy in the house will be super stressful for her?

I ask because stress can worsen the immune balance that she needs in order to be as good as she can be.

What are her current symptoms (if any)?

How's her BEAM?

What does she eat?

If you haven't already done so, it might be helpful for you to take the Holistic 101 course to learn a bit more about PPVS and integrative energetic treatment.

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
Hi Elena and thanks for making your first post!

Yes, it is safe. However, do you think having a new puppy in the house will be super stressful for her?

I ask because stress can worsen the immune balance that she needs in order to be as good as she can be.

How's her BEAM?

What does she eat?

If you haven't already done so, it might be helpful for you to take the Holistic 101 course to learn a bit more about PPVS and integrative energetic treatment.

Thank you Dr. Jeff,

I can’t asses her BEAM in full. She eats well, she is a very social and adventurous creature, sometimes is moody (who doesn’t) She has met just one dog and was very interested in her but my friend‘s 14 yo dog Sam completely ignored Cleo. Sam is coming to live with us at the end of this week for a few days and it will be a test for all of us. Cleo also is very caution in her approach to every life situation she got into. She is anxious in her back pack but is ok exploring the outdoor surrounding on the leash.
Since March she was on the home cooked Turkey/Pumpkin/eggshell mix ( plus’s probiotics, enzymes, lysine and other supplements) due to refusing to eat the vet prescribed diet. As of now I’m switching her to Smalls Turkey since my new TCM vet wants to be sure she is on the complete and balance diet until Cleo grows up and we are trying to incorporate the food therapy in her regiment. After she will turn 1 yo we may go back to the home raw feeding.
I definitely will take Holistic 101 course.

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered

My main concern is her gingivitis. we noticed it in January when she was 6 mo old. It didn’t get worse but did get better no matter what I tried to do. She lost one bottom incisor tooth , I didn’t know how, maybe when chewing the chicken wing tip. She also sneezes sometimes once or twice a day, sometimes none. She got better with the sneezing after starting Chinese herbs. She got very sick two weeks after we brought her home from the breeder and since then we trying hard to make her healthy and I think we slowly is getting there. She does not have rabies vaccine and she is intact.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the additional info. Elena.

It sounds like she may like, and even enjoy your new pup.

Please let us know, after they meet.

we trying hard to make her healthy and I think we slowly is getting there.
Fantastic!! :snowman: ??

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom