• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New dog virus?

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
Good morning all, and happy almost thanksgiving and day of gratitude! (which is every day...). I have been hearing a lot about the new dog virus and I am wondering what you thought about it, as far as precautions to be taken. I have a dog that is entered in shows the next couple of weekends and am now not sure it is a good idea to go. I give colloidal silver when we go to shows and have a good esther C for immune support in addition to raw diet and a good supplement (Daily Multi Plus by Pet Health and Nutrition Center) and probiotic (DynaPro from Dynamite Productions). Any recommendations? I was excited about the shows but more excited about keeping everyone healthy. I also run a small grooming service from my home so do have other dogs in the house, one at a time, and never in the same room as my own.
Thank you for your thoughts on this,
Cassandra

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
new dog virus and I am wondering what you thought about
Thanks for asking Cassandra! This is a super important question.

The reason (IMHO), is that this "new" germ (which may not even be new) is not the core issue. I think the main issue with this current (and any) infection is the increasing susceptibility of the animals.

Possibly from the way we treat animals (and ourselves).

I think that the science is clear that the more we work against (anti) the natural healing mechanisms of the body (like inflammation), the lower cellular energy and immune function.

Infections from germs, like viruses and bacteria, are typically secondary to increased susceptibility and decreased immune function.

That's the reason why two dogs can go to the same kennel and get exposed to the same germ but only one dog gets sick.

The fundamental problem is that we are focusing on the germ and not internal health and balance.

Any recommendations?
Yes! And I bet you already know what I'm going to say.

Optimize your pup's energy balance and focus on the inner terrain and not the germ.

Let's all help keep our pet's in tip T.O.P. shape by working with their natural healing mechanisms and not against them with the tools and approaches which we teach at HA!

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff for your reply and the links. It is funny, it is exactly what my friend with whom I am supposed to go to th dog show said, but she said it in layperson's terms by example...saying how our dogs are fed raw and minimally vaccinated and she was not worried. She said that she once brought a friend's dog to a show weekend, keeping this dog (who she had bred) in the same hotel room with her dogs and that dog got the canine influenza and none of hers did. That dog was fed a diet of mostly rice with a little boiled chicken; hers were fed raw. Hers were minimally vaccinated and that one was vaccinated religiously for bordatella and whatever respiratory thing was out there. It makes sense.
Mine take lots of immune building supplements. The young dog I would be showing is imported from Germany so has had more vaccines than I would have given, but is a vibrant girl. I have a nine year old at home who recently broke into hives as a result of my foolishly suppressing an ear infection with something conventional; same dog is also in milk from a false pregnancy. It is more for not wanting to bring something home to the dog whose already had some small dings in the BEAM (the ear infection, the minor hives, the false pregnancy), so I will start with energy work for that dog and make my decision from there.

Thank you for all that you do.

Cassandra

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Cassandra, and happy Thanks-giving!

I am thrilled to hear about your friend's real life experience!!

Working with the body achieves amazing results (as Mother Nature, and the universe, intends). ? ⚡?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom