• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Need assistance and advice on "pemphigus vulgaris" --poodle mix

TerriH

All-Access Member
Registered
Good afternoon -- I am normally used to searching and reading input and advice on holistic assistance online, but I am not seeing a lot of information or where to start on a recent biopsy of the tongue done on my beloved Charlie. The biopsy (done during a dental because of some oddities in the mouth) reveals what is pemphigus and likely "vulgaris" -- which is more concerning and also more rare. The lab had to do additional testing as it wasn't completely clear what kind, but feel that vulgaris is more likely. His symptoms have been periodontal issues mainly so far with one biopsy on the cheek saying stomatitis/periodontal.

As I am seeing this as an autoimmune disease, I want to, of course, take any actions to help support and balance Charlie homeopathically to get his body back inline. The conventional vet has said that we put him on steroids, and I am very concerned with doing this....although I know it is conventional protocol and the standard first step. I don't see that as boosting the imbalance, but it is why I am here. I was hoping to see if there is any information that would help on knowing where to start. I am blessed to have a homeopathic vet (also with this site) to support us who is currently out of town. I will be consulting with her before doing anything on this, but was hoping there may be some information to digest here so that I am informed and find information to read and consider. I'm not good at pulling out all the benefits of this site yet. I appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction on information this site and service offers in order to be able to know where to start before just going to steroids. It does not feel right. He is about 8-9 years old/male --poodle (min) with a little bit of shih tzu and he eats a raw diet. This is the first health issue (along with the teeth) that he is really dealing with.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Terri-

I'm sorry to hear about Charlie's diagnosis. How's his BEAM?

Great work with already starting to work with a certified vet homeopath!

pointing me in the right direction on information this site and service offers in order to be able to know where to start before just going to steroids. It does not feel right.
Yes! Anything else like saying "NO" to the natural workings of Charlie's body just doesn't feel right.

This weekend perhaps start working to optimize his natural healing ability by making him super happy.

TerriH

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff -- Thank you --- he had a major dental while this was being determined so a lot of inflammation in the mouth related to that that has improved. While Charlie is normally a 10 (tons of energy and attitude) this has set him back a bit to about an 8. He is comfortable and healing with some help from remedies (recommended by his certified vet!). Not quite himself yet from the periodontal issues. I didn't know if the site had any background info on pemphigus to better educate from a holistic standpoint of care and the body and autoimmune functions.

Thanks again -- going to go read what you sent....

Terri (and Charlie too)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Terri!

There’s lots of information about balancing out the immune system to reduce auto-immune dia-eases but not much about pemphigus specifically.

Perhaps login to the member resource area of HA! and search for autoimmune. Or start by learning more about optimizing Charlie’s inner terrain.

@aruna might be able to point you to other specific resources to watch or read.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom