• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Nausea / Digestion

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
1. Your pet's name....Venus
2. Approximate age... 11
3. Sex... Female
4. Neutering status ...not neutered
5. Breed ...Cur
6. Approximate weight .....68
7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood)
8. Diet..for the last year kibble .....now raw ( its been 1 month)
( poultry...beef ...sardines.....greens...carrots...sweet potatoes...regular potatoes ...Dr Mercola Meal Mix Vitamin and Mineral Suppliment .....and just started one week ago " Healthy Gut " by Adored Beast
9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication
10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time...Nausea...Digestion. on and off she licks her lips ....eats grass and throws up ( but less now since eating raw) eats dirt ...growling stomach ( but less now since eating raw) All started Oct 2022....she was rescued on a county road...and came to live with us ......
11. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc?
12. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them.) 13. Current and previous treatment
. 14. Other health concerns.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to HA! Cecilia.

Thanks for making your first post.

How's Venus doing, and is there any way that we can help?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time...Nausea...Digestion. on and off she licks her lips ....eats grass and throws up ( but less now since eating raw) eats dirt ...growling stomach ( but less now since eating raw) All started Oct 2022....she was rescued on a county road...and came to live with us ......

Since you are feeding a raw diet she is so happy to be living with you. You said that both the grass eat/vomit and the growling stomach are better since being on raw (and probably settling into the knowledge she has a loving, permanent home!). How much better? How often do those 3 occur?

How is she otherwise - BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood)?

Are you feeding a variety of foods or the same thing day after day? Big Chunks, or a ground mix?

Have you read the 101 course yet? the first lesson can help you put the symptoms in context and the nutrition lesson may be of use as well.

Do you have a holistic vet you are working with?

Dr. christina

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time...Nausea...Digestion. on and off she licks her lips ....eats grass and throws up ( but less now since eating raw) eats dirt ...growling stomach ( but less now since eating raw) All started Oct 2022....she was rescued on a county road...and came to live with us ......

Since you are feeding a raw diet she is so happy to be living with you. You said that both the grass eat/vomit and the growling stomach are better since being on raw (and probably settling into the knowledge she has a loving, permanent home!). How much better? How often do those 3 occur?
P

Are you feeding a variety of foods or the same thing day after day? Big Chunks, or a ground mix?

Have you read the 101 course yet? the first lesson can help you put the symptoms in context and the nutrition lesson may be of use as well.

Dr. christina

Dr. christina

Dr. christina
Dr Christina!!😁😁..oh wow thank you for your reply!!.. I realize my post ...posted before I had completed it

YESSSS... She seems to really love her raw food and loving having a home !

She is still wanting to eat dirt everyday ....she is not vomiting anymore....and eating grass only every few days and very little ....nothing like before....I also put in her food ...Adored Beast
" Healthy Gut" ..( it's been a week )..and Dr Mercola Meal Mix .( It's been one month)
.( vitamin and mineral supplement)

BEAM actually in the last 2 days big improvement !...she wants to go on her walks again....wagging her tail more...her appetite thru all this has always been really good and still is ..

..her energy is a lower than what is was when she first came to the farm....she just seems nauseous .....bacteria in the water here at the farm was a thought ?....parasites?...( Although I did have fecal and blood test ...all super normal)...also when she first came she ran around lose a lot and ate lots of chicken poop ...and got into possum 's ...rabbits ....just
a lot of stuff around the farm ....

.....vet here did put her on antibiotic's (10 days) and said all looked good that she might just have " garbage gut"

Feeding her a Ground Mix of : Ground Beef...Ground Turkey..Turkey Necks( whole... She crunches in them...loves them!) ...Sardines...Sweet Potatoes....Regular Potatoes ...Kale...Broccoli...carrots...asparagus ..blueberries ...apples......

Hmmmmm should I seperated her meat from the veggies and fruits?.....give to her separately ?.... Will def read the 101 Course today

And not working with a holistic vet yet ....will def be interested in looking for one in my area!

Dr Christina 💕thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!

Venus & Ceci!!💕

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Welcome to HA! Cecilia.

Thanks for making your first post.

How's Venus doing, and is there any way that we can help?
Dr Jeff!!!!!

Thank you for your reply!!!

My goodness I realize my post posted before I completed it!!
She actually in the last 2 days doing wayyyy better ....but she still has Nausea it seems .....maybe normal?... Since she has only been raw for one month...

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Dr Christina!!😁😁..oh wow thank you for your reply!!.. I realize my post ...posted before I had completed it

YESSSS... She seems to really love her raw food and loving having a home !

She is still wanting to eat dirt everyday ....she is not vomiting anymore....and eating grass only every few days and very little ....nothing like before....I also put in her food ...Adored Beast
" Healthy Gut" ..( it's been a week )..and Dr Mercola Meal Mix .( It's been one month)
.( vitamin and mineral supplement)

BEAM actually in the last 2 days big improvement !...she wants to go on her walks again....wagging her tail more...her appetite thru all this has always been really good and still is ..

..her energy is a lower than what is was when she first came to the farm....she just seems nauseous .....bacteria in the water here at the farm was a thought ?....parasites?...( Although I did have fecal and blood test ...all super normal)...also when she first came she ran around lose a lot and ate lots of chicken poop ...and got into possum 's ...rabbits ....just
a lot of stuff around the farm ....

.....vet here did put her on antibiotic's (10 days) and said all looked good that she might just have " garbage gut"

Feeding her a Ground Mix of : Ground Beef...Ground Turkey..Turkey Necks( whole... She crunches in them...loves them!) ...Sardines...Sweet Potatoes....Regular Potatoes ...Kale...Broccoli...carrots...asparagus ..blueberries ...apples......

Hmmmmm should I seperated her meat from the veggies and fruits?.....give to her separately ?.... Will def read the 101 Course today

And not working with a holistic vet yet ....will def be interested in looking for one in my area!

Dr Christina 💕thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!

Venus & Ceci!!💕

Oh and Dr Christina .....she is still licking her lips ....like all through out the day

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
BEAM actually in the last 2 days big improvement !...she wants to go on her walks again
Yay! :snowman: 😍

Had you made any modifications to her food, lifestyle, etc.?
All started Oct 2022....she was rescued on a county road...and came to live with us ......
Has she had these GI symptoms ever since you rescued her (did she come to live with you 10/22?)?

Yes, the raw diet helps her body to show you the symptoms of energetic imbalance.

If her lip licking and other symptoms don't continue to improve with holistic actions like focusing on happiness, love, nature therapy, etc. then you might want to consult a trained vet homeopath.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
As you will see in the 101 course, patience and carefully observing symptoms and allowing the body to heal itself is important. When the energy field is basically healthy, and circumstances weakened the body, it can take about a month for every year of illness, so in one month you have a great improvement.

What kind of a farm do you have?

It is completely normal and not one of the early warning signs of ill health to eat the stool of vegetarian animals. Often this, and some dirt, helps restore the microbiome.

No need to feed meat and veges separately. do the 101 course as it answers most of your questions. Keep up the variety of food. No need for ground unless for the cost. Best is BIG chunks like she would eat in the wild. Raw goats milk and fermented things are also great for the gut. Eggs, dairy, fish, all the left overs from the farm.

The persistent nausea (I assume you think that because she licks her lips?) is less severe than vomiting (which has stopped), so just wait to see what is happening.

You will also learn to post if antibiotics are suggested - just in case - as there are many ways you can treat her. Check out the library under digestive system.

Start keeping the journal.

If you cannot find local vet, homeopathic ones can work virtually, as you will see in article.

Dr. Christina

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Dr Jeff

the modification that was made re : the BEAM improving in last 2 days ...hmmm having her sleep inside with the family at night ..

.. I noticed she was eating dirt at night.... I noticed cause I was outside camping / sleeping outside and heard her crunching on dirt!

Maybe anxiety from being away from everyone? ....being alone?

No change in food ....just the raw food change a month ago

Yes GI symptoms since she was rescued Oct 2022... So I have been experimenting with all different kinds of kibble

Ok will continue to observe her and if licking/ .....dirt eating does not improve I will seek out a trained vet homeopath......can you recommend one ?

Dr Christina

Wow!!.ok interesting ...raw diet can show the imbalances in her body ....and for every year of illness it can take a month of healing ....and to already see an improvement in a month is a good sign ?! .. yay!!

We live on an organic farm ....just vegetables and chickens / eggs ....but the chicken feed is not organic

Ok so better for her to eat big chunks ( like in the wild) vs ground ...fermented foods...Raw goats milk ..eggs ok!

Ya I just assumed the licking of lips is nausea...and yes she has stopped vomiting

Ok will keep watching her ...

and doing lots of happy dances with her ..

Thank you Dr Jeff and Dr Christina ...and .I will read all articles that you have sent

💕💕💕💕💕

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Oh and should I get her " The Wolf " pro..pre biotics from Adored Beast?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
should I get her " The Wolf " pro..pre biotics from Adored Beast?
That would be a great way to start re-balancing her microbiome! When that bottle runs out then perhaps switch to their Fido's Flora, then Mitomax, then Visbiome, etc.

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
That would be a great way to start re-balancing her microbiome! When that bottle runs out then perhaps switch to their Fido's Flora, then Mitomax, then Visbiome, etc.
Ok !! Will do ! Thank you Dr Jeff!!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Cecilia!

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered

Hello ......so this morning Venus has low energy again ......she did not want to go on her walk ......but eventually got up and walked very slowly ...with her head hanging down ....

first thing she went for was grass (but did not vomit) and dirt........she did walk some but not here usual ( well usually from months ago )..

....I did say that she has had these symptoms....growling stomach....gas....eating grass and throwing up...eating dirt when she came to the farm ......but she had lots of energy when she first came to the farm ...she went on long walks ....ran in the field chasing anything ...and now she walks very little .......I did assume she had nausea cause if the slow walking ...head down and eating grass

Maybe this is all normal since going raw one month ago ?

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Hello ......so this morning Venus has low energy again ......she did not want to go on her walk ......but eventually got up and walked very slowly ...with her head hanging down ....

first thing she went for was grass (but did not vomit) and dirt........she did walk some but not here usual ( well usually from months ago )..

....I did say that she has had these symptoms....growling stomach....gas....eating grass and throwing up...eating dirt when she came to the farm ......but she had lots of energy when she first came to the farm ...she went on long walks ....ran in the field chasing anything ...and now she walks very little .......I did assume she had nausea cause if the slow walking ...head down and eating grass

.normal I mean like one day she has more energy than other days......and also just 2 wks into the Adored Beast Healthy Gut powder

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
.normal I mean like one day she has more energy than other days......and also just 2 wks into the Adored Beast Healthy Gut powder

It's seems like she is getting better .....and then she has a low day.....maybe thats normal at this stage ?..... She's just beginning the healing process ....new food ( raw) ...and probiotics

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
It's seems like she is getting better .....and then she has a low day.....maybe thats normal at this stage ?..... She's just beginning the healing process ....new food ( raw) ...and probiotics

Okay now she is better.... She just ate and is acting so different .... Wagging her tail alot ....lively ...happy

CeciliaV

Community Member
Registered
Okay now she is better.... She just ate and is acting so different .... Wagging her tail alot ....lively ...happy

I am now thinking the licking of lips may be coming from a nasal drip ......she has a runny nose and eyes

Sorry for this very very long post .....she was changing so much from when she woke up to when she ate

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
With her GI stuff, yes. But probably not the decrease in energy. Any lowering of BEAM (even if it's up and down) is ideally followed-up with a vet exam and whatever diagnostic tests they think are indicated.
It's seems like she is getting better .....and then she has a low day.....maybe thats normal at this stage ?..... She's just beginning the healing process
Yes! That's a great example of the "dynamic" equilibrium (changeable balance) process of living and healing...
Okay now she is better
Fantastic! :snowman: 😍

You still may want to run some diagnostic tests (like a CBC, blood chemistry, urinalysis) if they haven't been done recently.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom