• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mystery small bumps causing dog intense itching

DaisyB

All-Access Member
Registered
Our 11 year old spayed female dog Hintza has some sort of itchy skin situation on her rump. At various times, she'll be jolted into intense bitting the area in order to relieve some sort of itchiness. Upon inspection, we find very pink skin and three to four small bb-sized raised areas. We see no critter invading her. No fleas. We've been putting a topical Chinese Herbal product called "yin care" on it. That seems to soothe her for the moment. But what is the cause, we wonder? We live in Baltimore Maryland in the city. We don't think that it's chiggers but her reaction reminds me of what I have felt when I've had chiggers. Any ideas about what this is? And might help get rid of it? We noticed it about two evenings ago, but the yin care calmed it that evening. Thank you for your wisdom and experience.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I used to live in Baltimore and chiggers are unlikely. The bumps could be a bite or an eruption caused by her biting because there is some nerve irritation.

Continue with the yin care for now. And keep looking closely for any spots anywhere else.

You can ask for Reiki healing from kathleen Lester of AnimalReikeAlliance.com (based in Hamden, though can work remotely).

For this issue, or for general health care, I would suggest Dr. Jamie Molinelli at BelvedereVeterinaryCenter.com, opposite the Senator theater. She has been doing chinese medicine for decades.

Dr. Christina

DaisyB

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you, Dr. Christina. We'll keep looking closely. And follow up with these professionals.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom