• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

My dog has been falling

RyanS

Registered
My dog has been falling randomly. This first happened about 2 months ago when he randomly fell in the kitchen. It isn't constant. Today he nearly fell over multiple times. It happens fast as if his legs just give out. Usually everything seems fine. Just earlier today he was jumping and running around outside. He regularly goes for hikes with me and gets good exercise and everything seems fine. He's 7 years old with no known issues. He has been on a raw meat diet for just over a year now. Any feedback on what to do would be great. Thank you

HA! Support

Administrator
VIP Member
Registered
Hi Ryan.

While we wait to hear from an expert, @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina , I'd like to ask you a few questions that might help them.
  • How is your dog's BEAM (Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood)?
  • Any new meds?
  • Do you use flea and tick products?
  • Any recent vaccinations?
  • What's his breed?
  • When he falls do his legs splay out? Crumple beneath him?
  • Does he fall over stiffly?
  • Is he awake and alert the whole time?
  • How long does he stay down?
  • Any changes in bowel or bladder habits?
  • Can he get up by himself after it happens?
Thanks!
Kim

RyanS

Registered
His behavior is he is friendly and calm. His energy is low, hes' been relaxing around the house the past 2 days. But then it's high again when he's excited like when it's time to eat. Appetite is normal, he still loves to eat. His mood is he seems happy but when this happens he seems scared.
No new meds
No flea or tick products
Mostly lab mixed with chesapeake bay retriever
His legs don't splay out, they more crumble but it happens fast. It's like a dizzy or a drunk person that can't stand that falls over. He's scared when it happens. He acts as if he just got pushed over and he doesn't know what's going on.
He doesn't fall over stiffly
He is awake and alert. He does not cry in pain.
He gets right back up after he falls but can still seem wobbly
No change in bowel or bladder
He doesn't need help getting back up, he does it on his own

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Ryan!

I'm sorry to hear about your pup's falling. :confused:

Is he running and playing normally? If so, how's his stamina?

How's his resting respiratory rate? Any coughing or other respiratory symptoms?

Has he seen your vet for an exam or had any tests or shots in the past 2-3 months?

RyanS

Registered
Hey Ryan!

I'm sorry to hear about your pup's falling. :confused:

Is he running and playing normally? If so, how's his stamina?

How's his resting respiratory rate? Any coughing or other respiratory symptoms?

Has he seen your vet for an exam or had any tests or shots in the past 2-3 months?
Thank you for your response. Yes he's been playing and running normally. When his legs are fine, everything else seems normal. He still has great stamina when we go for hikes. His resting respiratory rate seems normal, I see no problems with his breathing. No coughing or anything else. Last time he went to the chiropractic vet at animal health practice for an adjustment and they said everything seemed fine. Last shot he had was September 2020 for rabies.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I second Dr. Jeff - right now go to our article on finding a holistic vet - Holisticactions.com/select - you may need more than one - a homeopath (even by phone) and a chiropractor, or TCVM vet.

Meantime - love, love, love. Watch Bernie Siegel webinar and see even more of him at youtube for All Paws Pet Talk TV. Very inspiring.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom