• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mitomax and Glandulars

AliceR

Registered
Hello,

I have question about supplements, which Dr. Jeff recommended on our phone visit.

Reese is an English Shepherd dog, 12yrs. old. He is hypothyroid (on Thyro tab 0.3 2x day, since Naturethroid is unavailable). He has been on Thyroid since 2015 when he had a splenectomy due to anemia and extremely low rbcs. He is also on Ignatia 1 M, dosage and remedy recommended by a Dr. Jeff L., a vet homeopath.

Dr. Jeff F. recommended Thyro GO and Rena GO, as supplements for thyroid. Wondering if Rena GO is because I have heard that dogs with thyroid conditions can get Renal conditions. Also, is Thyro Go better than Standard Process Thyroid Support?

Also, Dr. Jeff F. recommended Mitomax and I noticed there is a regular strength and a super strength (vet dosage)- was wondering which to get. Both Reese and my 10 yr. old husky x, Apollo have a decrease in appetite, which was exacerbated by eating tainted food. Dr. Jeff recommended using different probiotics, Mitomax was one. They have been on Answers goat milk so far. This GI issue with the food was in mid Feb. Reese seems better, Apollo still sometimes lacks appetite. Stools are good.

Thank you,
Alice

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for posting these questions here Alice!

The Rena GO is both for kidney support and primarily for energy support because it is 50% heart.

@Dr. Sue should know more about the SP supplements tho I do know that these are both have different ingredients. I'd also like to hear whether she advises to give them together, or just one at a time.

I have contacted the Mitomax people to get more info but it looks like the difference is primarily in the number of organisms/capsule. I'll let you know if they get back to me.

@Dr. Christina may know more since she's the one who first told me about Mitomax.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
With Mitomax, there are so many organisms, and they are not degraded by heat, that you would be fine with either type.

I do recommend switching up pre and probiotics. Answer's fermented raw goat's milk is an excellent source of probiotics, so try the Mitomax for a few weeks and see what changes. I know you are doing several things, so it may not be clear. It is also fine to use both the Mitomax and the milk.
Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina
I am just getting round to ordering the Mitomax for Gabby with the PLE. I notice the ingredients contain lactose, yeast extract and gelatin... Are these things gut irritants? Gabby did not do well on the colostrum products. I need another probiotic because I ran out of the Animal Biome and not sure it works anyway. Wanted to give her something without going backwards. She is doing well with the diet and supplements I am giving her but probably need a probiotic that won't irritate her gut. Isn't lactose something people should avoid? Thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Not necessarily Lil.

You may want to give it a try and see if it helps.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom