• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Materia medicas

Carol L.

VIP Member
Registered
Seeing very slight variations, differences in Materia medicas,,for example, Clarke, Kent, and a bit of Hahnemann that I read on-line.
Example is that one may have more extensive information on eyes than another or more proving info on stools, etc.
This may be a silly question, but did each of these guys do their own proving of/on individuals?
Did they do their own “experiments” of each of the remedies in their books?
Or do their books mostly “repeat” to some extent the provings Hahnemann had witnessed?
I would guess that each book has what they witnessed in their own individual patients? But so many remedies, so much time,,,blows my mind, can that be?
Thank you!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Provings take months to years, so no, each author did not do their own provings on all of the medicines.

Each author uses what he/she consider the best proving done (it may only be one), may add cases of his/her own, may use symptoms from toxicology.

For instance, when Dr. Jeff and I wrote the Mini-Materia Medica, we read other authors, then chose what we have seen in our practice or teaching as important characteristics and even keynotes.

A wonderful book to learn more about the history of homeopathy is by Julian Winston and it is very easy to read with lots of pictures and charts.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the posts, Carol and Christina.

It sounds like you've noticed some similarities in proving symptoms in different materia medica.

That's because, as Dr. Christina says, these are indeed duplicates. The same information in different books.

If the information uses the same wording, it's probably a repetition.

Carol L.

VIP Member
Registered
Ok. Thank you.
Just wondered as some books have such extensive info and others quite brief.
Makes sense now in what you explain. Some add their own experiences.
I understood the makings of our HA mini Materia Medica!
You all have experienced this so much, you probably didn’t need to even look to a Medica to create!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom