• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lola right eye

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Lola has a growth on her upper eyelid that I have been monitoring, but now it’s growing and starting to cause irritation and a slight discharge.

F3EAA5F0-2B65-42D9-8D3B-63AFC709CB6B.jpeg

B7CF33F6-6AAE-4C0E-8CA2-CC83328447C6.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Judy-

This growth looks like it may be rubbing on her eyeball. If it is, it may need to come off.

However you may want to first start Oculenis (or Genteal or Systane) lubricating eye drops and hot compresses 3x a day.

Your local vet should take a look to help you decide if this needs to come off.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
She looked at it a few months ago and said well if we do her teeth we will take that off. It was smaller then.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Are you doing her teeth soon?

Regardless, you may want to start the compresses and lubricating drops even before then.

BTW-You may enjoy this crazy "Animal Control" show:

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hey Judy-

This growth looks like it may be rubbing on her eyeball. If it is, it may need to come off.

However you may want to first start Oculenis (or Genteal or Systane) lubricating eye drops and hot compresses 3x a day.

Your local vet should take a look to help you decide if this needs to come off.
Yes I’m afraid it is bothering her but I will try the drops first.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered

Regardless, you may want to start the compresses and lubricating drops even before then.

I watched the first episode and keep forgetting to watch it but I will

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered

I got an estimate for dental and mass removal and it includes cerenia injection?? Go home pain meds??

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You can certainly take them and use them if necessary. The high potency Arnica dosing protocol before and after the dental will eliminate much or all of any post-dental discomfort.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
They may give her injection when she is there and send you home with pills. The estimate may show that.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I guess I was asking if it’s ok. Also how to treat before and after procedure? It’s good it’s a Friday so she has the next two days off from work to recover at home. She is so spoiled .

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, a Cerenia injection is fine.

Arnica 10M 10/1, Q-tip the night before surgery and then as soon as she gets home and whenever she seems uncomfortable during her recovery (which may just be a day or two).

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
After dentals, I find that Hypericum is more effective unless more blunt trauma work (tooth extractions) was done. It is famous for pain in areas with a lot of nerves.

Rarely do I find the need for chemical pain killers after any surgery as Reiki (and other energy approaches), homeopathy and TLC seem to do fine.

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
After dentals, I find that Hypericum is more effective unless more blunt trauma work (tooth extractions) was done. It is famous for pain in areas with a lot of nerves.

Rarely do I find the need for chemical pain killers after any surgery as Reiki (and other energy approaches), homeopathy and TLC seem to do fine.

Dr. Christina
Thanks. She has two small teeth in front removed and the mass on her lip and the small one on her eyelid. She is doing very well and actually picking up toys around the house which she hadn’t done in awhile so maybe her teeth were more sensitive than I thought. She had some tartar but had a full dental which was a first for her at 10 1/2 including X-rays.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Looking at BEAM is so important, isn't it? Seeing the general improvement of picking up toys means you were definitely on the right track.

Now is the time to watch the dental empower hour or the TV show (so maybe schedule regular non-anesthetic dentistry), make sure you have a holistic veterinarian as your primary care person, start learning your favorite of the many energy treatment modalities we have covered in the empower hours and offer it daily.

Start keeping a journal, so you can notice when she has a subtle symptom like not picking up her toys, or some other one, like many of the early warning signs of internal imbalance.

Be sure you have read and maybe re-read the Holistic Health Care 101 class and are implementing all that seems appropriate for your family.

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I’m glad I had them remove the mass from her lip since the biopsy came back as epitheliomatous sebaceous carcinoma

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom