• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lick mats

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Not sure where I should be posting this...
Is there a preferred lick mat brand that is safe?
Thank you for any insights!
Sheri

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Sheri!

By safe do you mean safe for Fibi to periodically lick, or do you mean sustainably safe sources, or...?

Personally, I prefer the Mine Pet Platter to any Licki Mat.

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Great question Sheri!

By safe do you mean safe for Fibi to periodically lick, or do you mean sustainably safe sources, or...?

Personally, I prefer the Mine Pet Platter to any Licki Mat.

I meant safe for Fibi. Do you feel silicone is safe? Why the Mine platter as apposed to the licking mat?
We want to keep her stimulated throughout the day as much as possible. I see why the Mine platter is great too!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here are more details from a 3rd party.:

I'll also ask Carol (developer of the MPP and a PhD psychologist) to comment on your question.

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Here are more details from a 3rd party.:

I'll also ask Carol (developer of the MPP and a PhD psychologist) to comment on your question.
Great! The Mine Platter is made from cellulose apparently. Thanks so much!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's Carol's reply:

First, the lick type mats are designed to inhibit the pet from getting food which results in ‘negative licking’ or obsessive compulsive behavior. A dog’s nose has over 100 million scent sites so they can smell the food but their tongues can’t get into the corners and curves which causes frustration and even aggression. The mine Pet Platter is designed so the dog’s tongue can get at every speck of food which promotes ‘positive licking’ and releases positive endorphins which are both relaxing and rewarding! Second, while both products are food safe and non-toxic, the mine Pet Platter is dishwasher safe AND durable and recyclable. Hope this information helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Sheri!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Carol's reply:

it’s my pleasure and Sheri can contact me at any time if she has any additional questions!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom