• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Laparoscopic spaying

WendyC

VIP Member
Registered
Just posted but think I did it incorrectly, so here goes again.
Any knowledge on laparoscopic spaying? This is for a 14 year old mixed breed dog. Healthy otherwise. Thanks!

WendyC

VIP Member
Registered
Just posted but think I did it incorrectly, so here goes again.
Any knowledge on laparoscopic spaying? This is for a 14 year old mixed breed dog. Healthy otherwise. Thanks!
Oops! I meant a 14 MONTH old mixed breed dog!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Wendy!

Great question!!

Laparoscopic spays are often less invasive with typically a faster recovery. However these both depend on the surgeon.

They also tend to be more expensive.

Dr. Sara's neutering course in the HA! member area is a great overview of the procedure.

One of the awe-some resources, but I think they're focused more on the Ovary Sparing Spay she recommends is discussed in the course (maybe @Dr. Sara can post the link here as well).

Also, one manufacturer of the laparoscopic equipment has a nice article about it:

Did you have any specific questions?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom