• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lab got bitten by a tick

ViktoriiaP

Registered
Hi Everyone!

I found a tick on my almost 5-year-old black lab, Toby. It was large, so I think it was on him for a while. I put peppermint essential oil on it and it came out on its own completely, so nothing was left in the skin. I guess my concern is for Toby's well-being, is there anything I should do to prevent Lyme or any other disease in him? He is fed a raw meat diet. Thank you!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
thanks for posting, Viktoriia. Step one is to not worry. (Lots of our 1st quarter 2022 and 2023 webinars are about your mental state affecting all around you.) Step two, to help you not worry, is that the body naturally can eliminate the invaders when it is healthy and vital. 3. Focus on happiness!

The best way to prevent disease is to focus on building health and vitality. 1. take, or retake, the 101 health course. 2. Take the entire Lyme course.

Sit down today and evaluate Toby's BEAM (be sure to quantify - how energetic, specific moods, etc), and note any of the Early Warning Signs that are present. Then stop worrying. Once a day, go over your whole list of symptoms and see if any change. If there are only positive changes - no problem and his body took care of any tick diseases.

Next, be sure you have a great holistic (homeopathic can help by phone), TCVM, or chiropractic veterinarian (or several of them) on your holistic health care team. If symptoms do appear, you will be able to get immediate help.

Dr. christina

Last edited:

ViktoriiaP

Registered
thanks for posting, Viktoriia. Step one is to not worry. (Lots of our 1st quarter 2022 and 2023 webinars are about your mental state affecting all around you.) Step two, to help you not worry, is that the body naturally can eliminate the invaders when it is healthy and vital. 3. Focus on happiness!

The best way to prevent disease is to focus on building health and vitality. 1. take, or retake, the 101 health course. 2. Take the entire Lyme course.

Sit down today and evaluate Toby's BEAM (be sure to quantify - how energetic, specific moods, etc), and note any of the Early Warning Signs that are present. Then stop worrying. Once a day, go over your whole list of symptoms and see if any change. If there are only positive changes - no problem and his body took care of any tick diseases.

Next, be sure you have a great holistic (homeopathic can help by phone), TCVM, or chiropractic veterinarian (or several of them) on your holistic health care team. If symptoms do appear, you will be able to get immediate help.

Dr. christina
Thank you for your response! So far the only thing that changed is that he threw up yesterday night, this morning (before we noticed and removed the tick) and now after dinner again. He seems to be wanted to eat back whatever he threw up but it goes out again. Is that his body’s way of getting rid of something? Is it concerning? I’m keeping an eye on him to see how it is going to be tomorrow. Thank you.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
We always look at any symptom in context. Has he ever vomited before? Is there new food? Could he be picking up on your worries? If his energy is good, feed him 1/2 his meal in the AM (if you read this in time), then another 1/2 later if he does not vomit.

Might be good to get some rescue remedy and rub a few drops in your hands and pet him well all over with it, or rub in hairless area like inside the ears. then put a few drops in water for yourself.

AND - work now to get your holistic vet & others on board.

Dr. Christina

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
@drjeff

From listening to Lyme Experts/Docs they say time is of the essence to treat a Tick Bite.
There must be a good Homeopathic for bug Bites and Spirochetes?

Dr Pitcairn’s book lists Homeopathics for Lyme Disease pgs 404-406. So, not sure if these are indicated with a Tick Bite.
All Remedies recommended at 30c

Aconitum for early treatment with high fever & restless anxiety

Bryonia Dogs lie quietly crying out at slightest motion. Reluctant to move due to pain.

Rhus Tox Stiff & Sore esp. first movement after lying. Better with movement

Pulsatilla Becomes submissive and clingy when ill, and does not want to drink water.

Mercurius vivus or Mercuris Solubilis
Is helpful to the sick dog that has along with the other symptoms, red and inflamed gums, bad breath, and a tendency to drool or salivate

He also recommends liquid fasting for acute illness with fever. Specific Directions Chapter 18. My husband, a Naturopathic Doctor, is a big fan of fasting. It diverts the body's energy from digesting to healing.

Things that come to my mind to DISCUSS ASAP with a Holistic Vet:

Herbal Antibiotic- I like Glacier Peak Gold
Silvercillin-orally and Colloidal Silver topically
Vitamin C IV
Homeopathy

For Nausea, What about Nux Vomica & Ginger either grated or made into a tea? Nux Vomica is such a good Polycrest(effective for many things)

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Lauren, this is a misreading or from an allopathic view. thank you for your nice review of some materia medica.
From listening to Lyme Experts/Docs they say time is of the essence to treat a Tick Bite.
There must be a good Homeopathic for bug Bites and Spirochetes?

Victoriia - there is no need to treat a tick bite. Hundreds of thousands (that may be a bit of an exaggeration) of tick bites cause no problems. The only problem happens when there is a sensitivity to the invader. As you can see from the materia medica that Lauren listed, the only way to choose one is if there are symptoms.

The best way to protect from disease is to build health and vitality. For some, fasting one day a week can help, for others it does not. There is no one right answer, which is why recording symptoms and tracking changes is important. I assume the vomiting has ceased.

The best use of homeopathic medicines, except in acute problems (and even then when possible) is to match the medicine to the individual's symptoms.

Dr. Christina

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I had Spirochetes, associated with Alzheimers, found by my Biological Dentist and saw them under a microscope!

Used herbal Dentalcidin Toothpaste by Biocidin who also have oral supplements and were i. the process of clinical trials.

After using the dentalciden the spirochetes were GONE in 2 months, maybe sooner..i tested after 2 months!!!

Its available on Emerson amd Full Script & Directly from Biociden in Watsonville, CA. I know the owner and have had great clinical results with ourselves and Patients!

I even started putting it in my mouthguard overnight and we both got rid of tiny cavities that were starting!

www.dentalcidin.com

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I cannot recommend Dr Christina’s Pet Journal enough! I never would have seen the patterns
in Romeo without having the Daily Journal Entries to review! Its been so helpful
to share with Vets and connect what effects him including food, weather, us traveling/our lifestyle etc…

The Microbiome is the heart of the Immune System ! So having a healthy gut will always help the Immune system to be able to handle invaders better!

Naturopathic Medicine tenant is, “Its not the Microbe, its the Terrain”!

Giving Romeo Adored Beast Felix’s Flora & Liver Tonic has created Miracles! They have a Dog Probiotoc, Fido’s Flora! Excellent YouTubes on the products!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom