• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Kitty Wound

NicoleA

VIP Member
Registered
I'm not sure which category this falls under ... this morning I found spurts of blood all over my wall, floor, rug, etc. I knew it was coming from my younger kitty, Joy, because when I picked her up to inspect her she whimpered, but I couldn't find the source of the wound. I was worried it might be internal and so we went to the Emergency Vet ... we just returned and I am SO relieved that it was, in fact, a wound, on her tail - I'm not sure how she got it but she was running around a lot this morning, chasing a toy. In any case, they wrapped it (I didn't want the glue stitches incase she would ingest it) and I am just wondering if it's okay to keep the wrap on or if it should just heal on its own? It seems to be bothering her a bit - she is trying to get it off. I'll post a video.
@Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina
Thank you! IMG_8943.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Nicole-

I'm glad to hear that the bleeding was just coming from Joy's tail.

You may want to leave the bandage on until you see the vet in a few days.

NicoleA

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Nicole-

I'm glad to hear that the bleeding was just coming from Joy's tail.

You may want to leave the bandage on until you see the vet in a few days.
Thanks, Dr. Jeff. Joy has done a good job of removing the bandage herself - haha. It is still partly on. Ps. Her bump looks better. :)

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
When I read this I thought, uh oh Joy's going to get that bandage off in about 3 nanoseconds! (Cats are very good at that!) It's okay to just leave it open and let it heal, as long as she isn't bothering it to the point that it opens up again.

NicoleA

VIP Member
Registered
When I read this I thought, uh oh Joy's going to get that bandage off in about 3 nanoseconds! (Cats are very good at that!) It's okay to just leave it open and let it heal, as long as she isn't bothering it to the point that it opens up again.
Thank you so much @Dr. Jean - the little stinker :) It doesn't seem to be bothering her and I can barely see the wound - healed quickly!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom