• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Join the Celery Juice for Pets Movement!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing Frances.

Please let us know if you see any benefits for the dogs.

How much juice do they get?

juliewaite

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Everybody!

I've been using Anthony William's recommendations--especially the 16 oz of celery juice for the past few years, off & on. I've given a liitle to my 2 dogs and one of my cats. Mycat was not a happy camper. LOL. I'm willing to do the study! I've been wanting to see if the celery juice would help with my cats anemia. :)

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the great suggestions Julie.

Have you seen any responses from any of your pets?

ckraham

Community Member
Registered
I would like to try this. But...dog has to drink it on empty stomach? I always add celery to my cooked or raw veggie blend but haven’t juiced it. Would I be able to add this to his food?

F

Frances

I always add celery juice to their food. My daughter gave it to our other dog on an empty stomach for a while but he fought it so we returned to giving it in their food. Not sure if this is how this study wants it done .

juliewaite

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for the great suggestions Julie.

Have you seen any responses from any of your pets?
I gave it to my dogs for a couple of days and I wasn't consistent. But since we're going to do this study, I am going to do it daily. My dogs didn't mind me putting dropperfuls in their mouths but my cat did not like it. My cat, Poppy, the one who struggles with anemia is the one I'm going to do it with also. I'd like to see what it does for him. I'll update on this thread as I do it. And I'm going to keep a journal as well. Dr. Jeff- are you doing the celery juice with your pets?

juliewaite

All-Access Member
Registered
I would like to try this. But...dog has to drink it on empty stomach? I always add celery to my cooked or raw veggie blend but haven’t juiced it. Would I be able to add this to his food?
Should be given on any empty stomach and by itself.

S

stephescott1

I gave it to my dogs for a couple of days and I wasn't consistent. But since we're going to do this study, I am going to do it daily. My dogs didn't mind me putting dropperfuls in their mouths but my cat did not like it. My cat, Poppy, the one who struggles with anemia is the one I'm going to do it with also. I'd like to see what it does for him. I'll update on this thread as I do it. And I'm going to keep a journal as well. Dr. Jeff- are you doing the celery juice with your pets?
how many droppers are you doing?

juliewaite

All-Access Member
Registered
how many droppers are you doing?
However many dropperfuls it takes to give them the 4 oz each. I will be starting this on Saturday morning when I'm home with them in case it gives them loose stools like it does humans with a lot of toxicity in them. LOL. I work during the week and I don't know what detox reactions they'll get.

S

stephescott1

However many dropperfuls it takes to give them the 4 oz each. I will be starting this on Saturday morning when I'm home with them in case it gives them loose stools like it does humans with a lot of toxicity in them. LOL. I work during the week and I don't know what detox reactions they'll get.
ha! good idea :)

Dana

All-Access Member
Registered
Whole Foods was out of organic celery... so I bought the non-organic and washed it well... I liked it. When they got the organic in, I bought it and the juice is REALLY bitter! Is organic celery bitter? or maybe is it old?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so glad that you made it on the forum Dana!

Your Murphy pic is adorable (which pup was he in Dr. Sara's litter?).

You could share a whole album of them here in the "media" area of the forum.

Yes, organic celery at WF could very well be old (and therefore bitter).

In fact Amy got so fed up with the food in WF here in Westport that she complained.

In addition, the taste of the celery reflects the specific constituents of the soil in which it was grown.

No Julie, I do not juice it for my pets on a consistent basis. It is often in their Instant Pot stews however.

Cassandra,feeding it like this is definitely not the same as giving (or drinking yourself) the juice on an empty stomach as my friend Anthony William suggests.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello! For those who are a part of this celery juice movement, what is your favorite recipe?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Christine-

There are no recipes since you drink the juice straight (on an an empty stomach for people).

AliceR

Registered
I started drinking celery juice last month after I read Anthony William's book on the thyroid. I decided I want to either reduce or stop my thyroid meds. I haven't noticed changes- except my knee pain is better, though it may be because I started doing Foundation Training. I may know more after blood work next month. I use a blender and then strain the pulp.
Alice

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Alice.

Have you tried a 20 minute/day Pranayama routine (breathing exercises) which will increase your cellular energy and should help your knee?:dogrun:

Do you already take magnesium?

BethS

All-Access Member
Registered
i started to give my cat celery juice. i administer it with a plastic syringe. So far I could not give 4 oz as he doesnt like it

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom