• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Thinking about trying Assisi Loop for my cat with arthritis

RuthR

VIP Member
Registered
My 13 3/4 year old male Maine Coon cat has arthritis, and I am thinking about purchasing an Assisi Loop to see if it will help him. I am hoping those of you who have used one for your pets (especially cats) or have heard stories from other people will respond and let me know how effective you think it is. Has anyone used the Assisi Loop to help with arthritis? Do you use the Loop every day? How long does a treatment help the pet (hours, days, etc.)? Does the cat allow the Assisi Loop to be on them?

I would appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Ruth!
This thread (you may want to re-ask your question in it) and link may help:

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
My 13 3/4 year old male Maine Coon cat has arthritis, and I am thinking about purchasing an Assisi Loop to see if it will help him. I am hoping those of you who have used one for your pets (especially cats) or have heard stories from other people will respond and let me know how effective you think it is. Has anyone used the Assisi Loop to help with arthritis? Do you use the Loop every day? How long does a treatment help the pet (hours, days, etc.)? Does the cat allow the Assisi Loop to be on them?

Hi Ruth: Your cat is so handsome! As another pet owner, I have used the assisi loop with my two 13 1/2 year old cats for their arthritis. I have the small loop and the large loop. It has an automatic timer so when I push the button to turn it on I see the light flashing which is a great visual reminder. It automatically shuts off after 15 minutes. My cats seem to enjoy it and I believe it does help them. I wouldn't say it's a drastic before and after, but there are studies I am aware that have been done, as well as I remembering learning that in humans these types of devices are used for breast cancer patients as an example, to increase blood flow and promotes healing to the area you are focusing on. I just lay it on top of my kittys when they are already relaxed and resting. Good luck!

RobinO

VIP Member
Registered

Hi Ruth,
I've used and have Assissi Loops many times before. I find with arthritic issues it does help some. I also used it on a cat who was overweight and it didn't help (but a very slow weight loss program did the trick). I would also add that I really like cold laser therapy if your cat can tolerate going to the vet. My cats loved it. I've also had some success with chiropractic vet care and acupuncture. One of our old cats had a big improvement because her gait was off for a long time due to degenerative bone issues and the adjustments were a good thing for her-though of course it did not fix the bone issues. Sometimes a combination of modalities can be the thing that helps. Good luck with your kitty.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom