• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Inflammation in left ear only and scratching makes it more inflamed

LillyH

Registered
Ruby is a 10 year old Carin Terrier. Bean is good. Her left ear has been inflamed for a week. I thought it was a reaction to Fido flora by Adored Beast. I stopped it 5 days and it and the redness went down. So I thought I would give it another try. Big mistake. I gave her a 1/8 tsp yesterday morning of the Fido Flora and by evening she was scratching her ear and shaking her head and the redness came back. I did notice some wax in her ear. She is doing a hard shake of her head.
She had no redness when she was on the healthy gut by Adored Beast.

She is currently taking the Liver tonic by Adored beast, Jump for joynts (Adored beast), Solaris, Taurine, CoQ10 , green min, soul food, feel good by Peter Dobias, kin and kind cranberry, hip and joint, healthy poops, Ground Turkey, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, eggs, sardines and puploaf.

I also have apply the CBD sooth salve and she is scratching her ear more. I have been apply Aloe Vera gel to the ear to help with the redness.

How do I calm down the inflammation in the ears?

Tanner, Cocker Spaniel, Age 6. Beam is good. He is also scratching his ears, licking his feet and chin both are eating the same diet. He broke out with small red pimples on his belly.

I look at applying Chamomile Tea to the skin but the side of effects is scary. Any guidance on using this?

Any recommend are greatly appreciate.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for reposting your questions Lilly! I appreciate it.
How do I calm down the inflammation in the ears?
Great question! Both Tanner and Ruby are manifesting an immune imbalance. By targeting that, rather than any specific symptom (in this case ear irritations) you will have much greater long term success and overall greater health span and quality of life.

You may want to consider backing off any of the more recent supplements.

What do the dogs eat? Are you already feeding fresh/raw food, lots of heart, doing lots of sniffing, exposure to nature and using the Happiness Protocol?

Have they had any recent stressors, vet visits or vaccinations?

Are you already working with a vet homeopath or other energetically oriented vet?

I ask because ear inflammations and other allergic symptoms are usually a manifestation of a chronic imbalance and are not acute dis-eases (even tho they come up quickly).

The eventual goal is a return to balance (aka homeostasis or equilibrium) as discussed here:

Regarding topical soothing approaches things like aloe vera liquid, gel, garlic/mullein solutions, etc. can help.

Many energy building and balancing techniques like Healing Touch for Animals are also helpful.

Light energy tools like the Lumasoothe are also useful for the skin, ears, and joints:

LillyH

Registered
What do the dogs eat? Freeze dried RAW and Home cooked puploaf, snuffle mat daily. Are you already feeding fresh/raw food, lots of heart, doing lots of sniffing, exposure to nature and using the Happiness Protocol?

Have they had any recent stressors, vet visits or vaccinations? No

Are you already working with a vet homeopath or other energetically oriented vet? I listen to Julie Ann Lee of Adored Beast and Dr. Judy Morgan.

I ask because ear inflammations and other allergic symptoms are usually a manifestation of a chronic imbalance and are not acute dis-eases (even tho they come up quickly). I just recently changed the probiotics to Fido Flora and having been doing a liver cleanse for both dogs. Both dogs have been scratching there ears. How do I fix the imbalance?

The eventual goal is a return to balance (aka homeostasis or equilibrium) as discussed here:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How do I fix the imbalance?
By addressing the energetic root of the problem. If it's an option for you, you may want to start working 1:1 with an energetically oriented vet.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I listen to Julie Ann Lee of Adored Beast and Dr. Judy Morgan.

What Dr. Jeff is suggesting is that you have a specific patient relationship for your pups with a holistic veterinarian. While there is a lot you can do, their responses, especially Ruby, is indicating you may be focusing too much on the one symptom and maybe using too many supplements.

Until you are well trained (and you can do it) in energy healing techniques, it would enhance their quality of life to work with an expert.
Find one by reading this article.

And you may want to keep a journal (free for members) on each dog.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom