• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathy for grief

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Can ignatia amara be used for grief in a cat? My female cat died last year and two days later my male cat exhibited symptoms consistent with IBD/colitis, e.g. vomiting between meals, frequent bowel movements, wild appetite swings, etc. Under the care of a holistic vet, I have tried nux vomica, sulphur, phosphorus, calc. carb, lycopodium, arsenicum album and am not achieving results. I thought I might administer the ignatia amara to heal unresolved grief.
Comments/suggestions?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome Keely.

You can definitely use Ignatia in cats!

This homeopathic medicine is virtually a "specific" for imbalances that start after grief.

The symptoms are a result of that imbalance.

How well it works will depend on the similarity between the symptoms of the medicine and those of your kitty.

The curative power of a homeopathic medicine depends on the symptoms it can cause. What it causes it can also cure.

Symptoms of a remedy are found from provings (tests on healthy people), toxicities, and from clinical practice.

For example, Dr. Hahnemann found in his original (1800s) provings that Ignatia can cause things like nausea and retching in addition to vomiting.

You can use this method to administer it:

Add 1 pellet to 1 cup of water.

Dip a Q-Tip in the solution and touch to your kitty's gums.

That's it!

Save the solution so it can be succussed if a redose is needed.

Succussing before doses slightly alters the potency of the homeopathic medicine and makes it more effective.

Please let us know how it goes.

Keely Parr

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff:

I dosed Karma and got amazing results! His fur is silky; he has (for now) stopped vomiting in between meals, his appetite and energy are good and he seems happy and wants to play. I also began using RX Nutrigest and RX Biotic after listening to Dr. Doug's program and his bowel movements have normalized.

Thank you,
Keely

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic!

I look forward to meeting you both next week.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom