• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathic remedy before/after Vaccines

PatriciaH

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Christina - So my new vet recommends Lyssin after my puppy’s first rabies vaccine coming up this Friday. I read that Dr. Jeff doesn’t normally recommend this. She only recommended it when I asked her what she thought about Hawaii Pharm’s Detox because she wasn’t familiar with it. The Jackson Galaxy detox has been out of stock every time I check. Should I postpone the appointment and get him on a homeopathic that you guys recommend for several weeks prior? He is a healthy 5 month old puppy. He is very active. We spend lots of time outdoors. I constantly stimulate his brain and I give him a whole and about 2/3 raw diet.

Also, Where do I go on the forum to find the holistic vets in my area. Maybe I should find another?

Thanks!

PatriciaH

All-Access Member
Registered

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Patricia-

No, I do not recommend Lyssin (or Thuja, Sulphur, etc.) routinely after a vaccine (or any other stressor).

Just like children, most young pets don't develop adverse symptoms, or internal imbalances, after a shot.

You are doing all the right things with the raw (varied?) diet, and promoting Connection, Happiness, and Engagement (and Chi).

There is a non-homeopathy vaccinosis prevention strategy in the vaccine ebook (which can be found in the vaccinosis prevention resource area). @Dr. Christina may have others.

Just plain 'ole fiber promotes detox:

Holistic Pet Support-Fiber Plus powder - HomeVet

Hawaii Pharm’s Detox is also great!

*If* symptoms arise after a vaccine, then individualized treatment based on the symptoms, may be indicated

PatriciaH

All-Access Member
Registered
Hey Patricia-

No, I do not recommend Lyssin (or Thuja, Sulphur, etc.) routinely after a vaccine (or any other stressor).

Just like children, most young pets don't develop adverse symptoms, or internal imbalances, after a shot.

You are doing all the right things with the raw (varied?) diet, and promoting Connection, Happiness, and Engagement (and Chi).

There is a non-homeopathy vaccinosis prevention strategy in the vaccine ebook (which can be found in the vaccinosis prevention resource area). @Dr. Christina may have others.

Just plain 'ole fiber promotes detox:

Holistic Pet Support-Fiber Plus powder - HomeVet

Hawaii Pharm’s Detox is also great!

*If* symptoms arise after a vaccine, then individualized treatment based on the symptoms, may be indicated
Thanks so much, Dr. Jeff! I follow Medical Medium for myself and for him. Believe it or not, my little puppy loves the Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie. I wasn't 100% sure it was ok for him so I usually just give him a tablespoon or so when I have my smoothie but why couldn't I give him about 1/4-1/2 cup of it daily for the week after he has his vaccine? I mean, if it takes out heavy metals from us . . .
As it is every other day he gets Anthony's recommendation of celery, wild blueberries, barley grass juice extract powder, b12 and apple for lunch so I'm glad fiber is important.

Thanks again. Having a dog in this day and age is so new to me. But exciting and fun!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom