• Your logins to the main site and to this support forum are NOT the same. To get access to this forum, you must be a ALL-ACCESS member (register here). You will receive login information the day you register. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please use the Contact us form to send details to a forum administrator. For help with posting, see How-to Guides for Using this Forum. First time posting? Follow this posting guide

Homeopathic remedy before/after Vaccines

PatriciaH

All Access Member
@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Christina - So my new vet recommends Lyssin after my puppy’s first rabies vaccine coming up this Friday. I read that Dr. Jeff doesn’t normally recommend this. She only recommended it when I asked her what she thought about Hawaii Pharm’s Detox because she wasn’t familiar with it. The Jackson Galaxy detox has been out of stock every time I check. Should I postpone the appointment and get him on a homeopathic that you guys recommend for several weeks prior? He is a healthy 5 month old puppy. He is very active. We spend lots of time outdoors. I constantly stimulate his brain and I give him a whole and about 2/3 raw diet.

Also, Where do I go on the forum to find the holistic vets in my area. Maybe I should find another?

Thanks!

PatriciaH

All Access Member

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Patricia-

No, I do not recommend Lyssin (or Thuja, Sulphur, etc.) routinely after a vaccine (or any other stressor).

Just like children, most young pets don't develop adverse symptoms, or internal imbalances, after a shot.

You are doing all the right things with the raw (varied?) diet, and promoting Connection, Happiness, and Engagement (and Chi).

There is a non-homeopathy vaccinosis prevention strategy in the vaccine ebook (which can be found in the vaccinosis prevention resource area). @Dr. Christina may have others.

Just plain 'ole fiber promotes detox:

Holistic Pet Support-Fiber Plus powder - HomeVet

Hawaii Pharm’s Detox is also great!

*If* symptoms arise after a vaccine, then individualized treatment based on the symptoms, may be indicated

PatriciaH

All Access Member
Hey Patricia-

No, I do not recommend Lyssin (or Thuja, Sulphur, etc.) routinely after a vaccine (or any other stressor).

Just like children, most young pets don't develop adverse symptoms, or internal imbalances, after a shot.

You are doing all the right things with the raw (varied?) diet, and promoting Connection, Happiness, and Engagement (and Chi).

There is a non-homeopathy vaccinosis prevention strategy in the vaccine ebook (which can be found in the vaccinosis prevention resource area). @Dr. Christina may have others.

Just plain 'ole fiber promotes detox:

Holistic Pet Support-Fiber Plus powder - HomeVet

Hawaii Pharm’s Detox is also great!

*If* symptoms arise after a vaccine, then individualized treatment based on the symptoms, may be indicated
Thanks so much, Dr. Jeff! I follow Medical Medium for myself and for him. Believe it or not, my little puppy loves the Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie. I wasn't 100% sure it was ok for him so I usually just give him a tablespoon or so when I have my smoothie but why couldn't I give him about 1/4-1/2 cup of it daily for the week after he has his vaccine? I mean, if it takes out heavy metals from us . . .
As it is every other day he gets Anthony's recommendation of celery, wild blueberries, barley grass juice extract powder, b12 and apple for lunch so I'm glad fiber is important.

Thanks again. Having a dog in this day and age is so new to me. But exciting and fun!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom