• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Help!

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Carol I'm so sorry to hear what you went through with the vet; I had a similar experience and it was just awful. But we're very blessed to be on this forum where we can support each other and get the proper help from these amazing vets.

Dr. Judy Morgan's cookbook "Yin and Yang Nutrition for Dogs" (Yin & Yang Nutrition for Dogs: Maximizing Health With Whole Foods, Not Drugs) offers amazing recipes for dogs with kidney issues.

I had reached out to Answers Pet Food and got their food protocol for dogs with kidney issues. See attached.

Koby was on JustFoodForDogs briefly but I had to stopped because their food contains too much carbs for him.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
The file couldn't be attached in the previous message. Here you go again.

Attachments

• Kidney-Disease.pdf
    68.1 KB · Views: 3

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks so much for this information on foods. I’ve ordered the book by Judy Morgan before replying here! Interestingly, the last two days I pulled out old book of “Four Paws Five Directions”, a guide to chinese medicine for cats and dogs. Emma had qigong healing last week and is having another this morning! So this food book sounds like it is with the journey. Going to check out Answers also.
And thanks for support on conventional vet experience. Yes! It is so good to have this resource, connection of same loving, caring pet people and dr Christina and dr Jeff, dr Sara, and all those that share their knowledge and guide.

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi @Carol - I have tried both JustFoodForDogs Renal diets. Medium and Low......and my dog preferred the Medium. The low had too much veggies, not enough protein.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Donna. Ordered Darwin’s last week. Emma is eating it ok. But may not have enough iron for the anemia she is dealing with too! Oh my.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
and it is good to have a variety of different foods from different companies as well as making your own. Variety keeps up the interest and assures more balanced nutrition.

Who did the Qi Gong?
Dr. Christina

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Qi Gong with Stacey MacFarlane. Great work. Stacey is deep into this work.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom