• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Groaning - is there a chiropractor nearby?

RyanS

Registered
My dog Callie has been groaning more frequently when she is laying down. This started about 3 months ago. I am a therapist and I work from home via virtual and she tends to do it more when I am working in the middle of a call though at times she does even when I'm not working. I'm trying to find a pet chiropractor or any other suggestions near me such as pet kinesiologist to see the possibilities of what it is. I live in northeast CT and am willing to travel if needed. I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

Ryan

HA! Support

Administrator
All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Ryan.

While we wait for our experts to comment, I'd like to ask you to give them a bit more info about Callie:

How old is she?
Breed?
Diet?
Any injuries (old or new)?
How's her BEAM (Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood)
Does she do it when you're actively engaged with her?
Any surgeries?
Meds?

Also... Give her a (((HUG))) from me!

Best!

Kim
Holistic Actions! Support

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Callie's groaning Ryan.

As Kim asked, how's her BEAM?

Dr. Angie is a wonderful vet chiro. in Bantam CT:

RyanS

Registered
Hi Ryan.

While we wait for our experts to comment, I'd like to ask you to give them a bit more info about Callie:

How old is she?
Breed?
Diet?
Any injuries (old or new)?
How's her BEAM (Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood)
Does she do it when you're actively engaged with her?
Any surgeries?
Meds?

Also... Give her a (((HUG))) from me!

Best!

Kim
Holistic Actions! Support
She's 6 years old, will be 7 in May
Lab mixed with Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Raw meat diet usually pork, ground beef, beef or chicken, chicken necks, liver, heart
No injuries
Behavior has been a mix. She is enjoying playing with me more often and is more attentive. She also has been exploring more out of the yard though she never used to do that. She seems to have more energy since she started the raw meat diet and is more positive. She loves her food. She used to be hesitant to eat when on the dry food diet and then when she started the raw meat diet she was hesitant but once she started she would always finish. Now she eats and finishes much quicker. Her mood is more loving and affectionate and more connecting when she wants to play. Overall more friendly. She was never aggressive, just not as interactive. She's always been my dog that loves to cuddle. Now she does more playing and running. She does not groan when I'm interacting with her. If I'm cuddling with her she does not groan. She never groans when she's playing or running. Only when she is laying by herself.
No surgeries or meds.

She loves your hug!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Ryan,
So glad she is happier on the fresh food diet. Be sure she is getting bones or calcium supplement.

Having a chiropractic exam is always a great idea. Maybe Dr. Angie could be your annual exam vet. I am wondering, though, if her groaning when lying near you is to get your attention to cuddle or play, since she shows no other signs of discomfort. Try tuning in to her thoughts regularly when she groans, and see if you get anything.

Keep noticing when she does it, and do a physical exam (we have some teaching about that on the site) at least once a week. Maybe learn Tellington T touch, Tui Na, and some energy approaches like Reiki.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom