• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Fractured kitty tail

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hi there Dr. Jeff. Not sure what category this title should be under, but I am posting it here anyway. When I was at the vet clinic yesterday, there was a sad little kitty who had been hit by a car a couple of days ago and suffered a fracture of her tail at the base where her tail joins her body. Sheena (the kitty) is a sad little girl 14 years of age. She is bone thin and unfortunately, also has diabetes. She has very little appetite but drinks huge amounts of water. (goes with the diabetes I am assuming) As a result, she urinates a lot and of course, with her tail fracture she is somewhat incontinent right now. I cleaned her up as best I could as she was really dirty and smelled of urine. She craves affection and all she wanted to do was cuddle, which I was happy to do. I have read up on Hypericum and I think I want to give her this, as I feel this is the best remedy for her right now. Would 200C be too big a hit for her? What do you think her chances are of nerve regrowth, considering her age and present health condition? This might be an unfair question since you cannot see her to make any type of assessment, but my friend Jorge the vet doesn't have a lot of hope for her. I have asked him if he could contact the current owners, who do not seem to be very engaged in her welfare, if I could bring her home in to look after her myself, perhaps in a couple of days when she is hopefully, a bit more stable.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Bonnie-

Fantastic that you helped this unfortunate and sad kitty! Thank you for your loving care of her. ?

You may want to start with a 6 or 30c Hypericum. The lower potencies cover cases with general pathology like this where you may have few other characterizing symptoms.

However, if you have repertorized her totality and have been guided to Hypericum, then 200c is fine to use.

Her chance of recovery depends on the severity of the injury and her healing abilities.

Anywhere from 0% chance of recovery to 100% chance!

I'd advise you visualize complete normalcy for her.?

If you visit her again (or adopt her) work on getting her to purr and be as happy as possible.

There's good evidence that purring speeds healing in big and small cats alike.

:cat2:

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for your reply Dr Jeff. My gut and using the repertory, indicates Hypericum. I will give her 30c tomorrow. I am also going to give her a Bach Floral remedy that will help her with her feelings of giving up hope. She loves to cuddle and instantly purrs when I do. I think she is starved for affection.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic!

The more purring and interaction the better.

If possible, use the Hypericum, succussed in water, up to 2x a day based on her previous responses to the doses.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thank you. I was wondering how often to dose. I am using Hypericum 30C succussed in water as you have suggested. I am on my way to the vet clinic now

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
If she's improving then just once/day (or even skip a day).

If there's no improvement then can be up to 2x/ day.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Update on Sheena. I gave her the first dose of Hypericum this morning and stroked the Bach Remedy Sweet Chestnut on her head and back. Within 30 minutes she became more responsive, wanted to eat and drink. Although she still cannot make it to her litter box, she at least began to clean herself which she has not had any interest in doing the past 2 days. Unfortunately, the owners will not let me take over her care. The best I could do was give the kitty vet Diana, who also works at the clinic, the instructions to give to the owners. They are coming tomorrow to pick her up. I also learned this little kitty is not 14 years old, but 17 years old. I have asked Diana to let me know how Sheena is progressing.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How was Sheena today?

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
I have not had any update. As far as I know, the owners picked her up today. I will contact Diana tomorrow and hopefully she will hav some news for me. I am hoping for positive news.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Sheena is back with her owners. They reported to my vet friend Jorge that Sheena is eating a little. What has bothered me is the young vet Diana did not give the remedies to the owners to continue Sheena’s treatment. I had noticed improvement in the kitty within half an hour of giving her both Hypericum and the Bach Floral remedy, but not sure what will happen now. I am beginning to notice that the suggestions I give for holistic treatment are not usually followed, especially with Diana who is the vet dealing primarily with the cats. I thought she was more progressive in her thinking?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom