• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Exercises to help vitality and avoid imbalances

Dana

All-Access Member
Registered
What are some good puppy exercises for large breed dogs that are predisposed to dysplasia?

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
I don't do formal exercises with my BMD puppies. I let them run free and don't take them for long walks where they have to keep up to my pace. I like taking them to places with uneven terrain....tree roots, branches to walk over, etc. I give them have a chance to stop and rest if they want to and let them determine their own pace. Off leash is better if you have safe places to go and you have a reliable recall. Or, let them drag a lightweight longline if it won't get caught on something.

As I wrote in the chat tonight Buxton has a grade 2 elbow with FCP but he has not had any problems. I had the x-rays done as the breeder requested not because he had an issue. X-rays were done at 2 years and he is 5 now.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Debbie for sharing your experience with Dana.

I hope to see you both July 27-28.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom