• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Excessive vomiting

D

DebC

Gigi is a Lhasa Apso, 10 lbs, 4 years old. She has a history since I got her as a pup of vomiting. Numerous trips to emergency room, vets, blood tests, and 2 ultrasound showed inflammation of bowels. I have changed her diet numerous times and since attending your seminar back in May I have consulted with Holistic dietitian and took her off commercial dog food all together. I started her on raw goats milk and (JuJu something)green veggie mixture with bone both added to her cooked chicken along with "Gut Smoothe anti inflammatory" sprinkled in her food. I tried to give her raw but she would not even look at it! She was doing great on this diet for a couple of weeks, she looked healthier and no vomiting or diarrhea. I was so relieved that maybe she could finally function normally and with stress. Then she started not eating very well and having very loose stools so I tried eliminating some things but nothing seems to help. Then last week she had severe diarrhea and I took away everything except feeding her cooked chicken and rice the last 2 days. Also in the last two weeks she becomes very stressed at night almost as she reacts when she hears thunder, but there is no thunder. She is also very anxious and skittish all the time. She is playful and seems happy when she is not sick. This morning she has vomited around 15 times first white foam then yellow bile tinged with alittle pink. I know there is a remedy out there!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Deb and welcome to the forum!

Great news about upgrading Gigi's Vitality by fresh food feeding.

Your first step with the acute vomiting you described is NPO (nothing per os).

No food or water.

Did you bring her to the vet over the weekend?

If so, I hope they gave her some fluids since this amount of vomiting will cause her to lose electrolytes and get dehydrated.

Yes, you are 100% correct that homeopathic medicines will remedy her situation.

The resources here (especially the vomiting, dysbiosis and pancreatitis information) should get you started.

Two out of 4 of the Awe-some A (Aconite, Arsenicum album, Apis, Arnica) homeopathic medicines may be useful.

Also, you might want to start watching the July homeopathy seminar recordings and start learning to use the repertory and symptoms.

We definitely will also help you make decisions about her treatment here and during the Empower Hour! webinars.

However, since this problem has been going on for 4 years, it will take some time and the help of a vet homeopath to help guide her back to Balance.

How is Gigi today?

D

DebC

Good Morning! She finally stopped vomiting Saturday morning and she started drinking water on her own. Later in the day she was hungry so I fed her alittle boiled chicken with a small piece of fermented goat cheese, I was told this helps to settle her stomach. She was ok the rest of the weekend but seems a bit lethargic and when we go for a walk she does not want to go very far. I do not have a Vet right now but am going to call one I found in Haddam. I agree I need professional help for her. Will keep you posted.....

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

Regarding Gigi's care going forward, the most important thing is to find a local open-minded vet who is willing to work with you with fresh food feeding, homeopathy, minimal vaccination, etc.

Then you can work with a homeopath anywhere in the world!

D

DebC

Thank you! I have an appointment with someone tomorrow and hopefully I will get some remedies and answers.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Deb-

Fantastic that you are seeing a holistically-oriented vet tomorrow!?❗

Please let us know what they say and don't forget to bring the tools you learned in May.

D

DebC

I am so glad I went to the seminar in May and I am much more informed. I will let you know after tomorrow.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You are doing well to remember that the focus is on Gigi and not merely the vomiting. the other symptoms - "very stressed at night almost as she reacts when she hears thunder, but there is no thunder. She is also very anxious and skittish all the time. She is playful and seems happy when she is not sick. " and the years of progressive digestive disorders are definitely clues that you need to work with an excellent (certified is best) veterinary homeopath in addition to a local, possibly, holistic vet. As a member you can become a patient of Dr. Jeff.

Continuing to learn how homeopathy works, how to identify and quantify symptoms and find them in the text books will help your homeopath do an even better job.

Keep us posted. Where do you live?

Dr. Christina

D

DebC

Hi Dr Christina,
I did find a Vet fairly close to me and we had first consult yesterday. I am very comfortable with her course of action. I will keep you all posted.
Thank you!
Deb

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic! :biggrin:

Please keep us updated Deb.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom