Dosing based on past history?

H

hsutopia

My dog has had an aural hematoma on his right ear which has gotten large/hard/uncomfortable enough to require draining (aspirating) once just a few days ago. It is quickly on its way to getting full enough for another draining, which I'd definitely like to avoid. I've been giving him selected homeopathic remedies throughout the last month, but none have had any effect.

Interestingly, 2 years ago he had a hematoma on the left ear with the exact same timing, though I was fortunate not to have to get that one drained because a remedy started working before that point. The remedy in that case was Lycopodium. (thanks Dr. Jeff!)

I'm now dosing Lycopodium again, but in looking back at my dog's history 2 years ago he started with Lyco 30c, 3 days in a row. That didn't have an effect, so the potency was increased to 200c and that *did* start to work.

My question is given that past history, whether it would make sense to go quickly to 200c? He has had 2 doses of 30c in 48 hours, and the hematoma continues to grow-- getting close to where I feel he would need another draining to take the pressure off.

Thanks!
Christine
 

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Moderator
Veterinarian
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
2,123
Hey Christine.

Possibly.:)

If the second Lyco 30 dose was 24 or more hours ago and Ronan's BEAM is still fine and there are no new symptoms, then yes!

Lyco 200c 10/1, QT once today.

If you see no change by Fri. am, then redose.

Do you know why I'd like to wait a bit after the Lyco 30?:rolleyes:
 
H

hsutopia

Thanks for the reply, Dr. Jeff.
Do you know why I'd like to wait a bit after the Lyco 30?:rolleyes:
I don't know for sure why tho I suspect it has to do with making sure the remedy has time to work. Would love to understand the rationale.

Sadly, I already dosed the 30c this morning. Since then the hematoma has swelled another few mm in thickness... it is *really* firm and causing him some discomfort. At this rate if nothing changes I think it will need to be drained by tomorrow afternoon. :-/ I'm afraid if I wait until tomorrow morning to dose the 200c, there won't be time for his body to respond.

Thanks, from a very stressed dog "mom". Who knew a hematoma could cause such angst?
 

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Moderator
Veterinarian
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
2,123
Yes, it can be very stressful to watch any symptom that is potentially uncomfortable.

This is a great time to get outside and increase yours and his Vitality with a sniff walk out in the sun☀. Deep slow breathing for you and Pranayama from sniffing for Ronan!:dog2:

Yup, we pause to allow the healing response, also known as the counter-action, by the body a chance to react to the homeopathic medicine.

Perhaps wait the 24 hours after this dose then give the 200c (if needed).

Enjoy the last day of summer Christine.?
 

Dr. Christina

Veterinarian
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
392
The other consideration, Christine, is that while he needed Lycopodium several years ago, he is now in a different energetic pattern and a different remedy may be needed. If the 200c Lycopodium does not help the ear, it is time to completely take the case (all the symptoms, including BEAM and Early Warning ones) and look for a different remedy.

It is important to remember that the Lyc was not given 2 years ago "for" the hematoma. It was given for Ronan. Often we will think about repeating a medicine that helped in the past, but it still needs to fit all the symptoms now.

You may again need some professional help.

Dr. Christina
 

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom