• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog with high liver counts

SarahK

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello!

My 11 year old Border Collie, Merlin, had bloodwork done and it came back with a few high liver counts. Our current vet wants us to put Merlin on Denamarin ( we do have an appt with @Dr. Jeff on the 18th ) and I shared with my vet I am hesitant on giving Merlin any drugs. He was understanding and said “ many people consider Denamarin holistic “ and the active ingredient is SAMe.

My question is , is Denamarin safe for Merlin or is there a better option?

I will attach his blood work here.

Thank you in advance!

@beccak

Attachments

• Merlin blood.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 4

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, it is safe and it is indeed more natural liver support.

How's Merlin's BEAM?

Did he have any prior blood tests?

I would repeat this screen as the sample may not be most indicative of Merlin's true physiologic state.

SarahK

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you! Hearing you say that gives me much relief. Merlins BEAM is great and we have not noticed any changes. Merlin has never had any previous blood tests.

We are going to ask for a UA so we will also request another blood test. Thank you again!!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Sarah! ? I look forward to chatting further about Merlin.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom