• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Determining when to Re-dose when energy is dropping

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Do we also quantify "energy" as Dr. Christian suggested on Symptoms during homeopathic treatment? If so, how much "dropping" is a call for re-dosing...dropping slightly or significantly?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Definitely Christine!

The more you can quantitate, the better.

For example, @sdeilus quantitates the concentration of her pup's urine using an affordable tool called a refractometer (you can hear more about them in your kidney course).

Raine (her pup) is doing very well >1 year since her diagnosis of Lyme nephritis and kidney dis-ease.

Regarding how big of a drop of energy (or change in any symptom)?

Regarding your question specifically about energy, that depends on the persistence of the Vitally important symptom of lower energy.

If it drops by 1 or 2 points (out of 10) for 30 minutes, it's time to observe and paws. No dose.

However, if a noticeable energy drop occurs for 6 hours, it's probably time for a dose.

If you're not sure, it's usually safest to wait.

The one exception is with a life-threatening acute illness where it's safest to dose.

Does that make sense?

Writing a longer article about the importance of energy is high on my to do list...;)

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Definitely Christine!

The more you can quantitate, the better.

For example, @sdeilus quantitates the concentration of her pup's urine using an affordable tool called a refractometer (you can hear more about them in your kidney course).

Raine (her pup) is doing very well >1 year since her diagnosis of Lyme nephritis and kidney dis-ease.

Regarding how big of a drop of energy (or change in any symptom)?

Regarding your question specifically about energy, that depends on the persistence of the Vitally important symptom of lower energy.

If it drops by 1 or 2 points (out of 10) for 30 minutes, it's time to observe and paws. No dose.

However, if a noticeable energy drop occurs for 6 hours, it's probably time for a dose.

If you're not sure, it's usually safest to wait.

The one exception is with a life-threatening acute illness where it's safest to dose.

Does that make sense?

Writing a longer article about the importance of energy is high on my to do list...;)

Oh...I hope I did the right thing...I re-dosed Koby Lach Q1 10/1 Q-Tip before our second walk today because his energy wasn't as good as yesterday's and the day before (previous dose was on 8/19). His coughing and chewing of front legs was returning slowly...His appetite has been excellent and stool was finally firm...yay!
Can't wait to read your article re energy! ? :dogrun:

sdeilus

All-Access Member
Registered
Christine,
Today is August 16, 2020 and I have tell you, it's been over 3 years that Raine was diagnosed with kidney disease from lyme. I still check her urine everyday and keep the SPG numbers in her log book, everyday. This way I can see any trends up or down that are happening with her urine. I think it's a great early warning system. I also do blood work every six months, but that is expensive and it's only every six month, a lot can change with the dog during that six month time span.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom