• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dental considerations

GretchenB

Community Member
Registered
hello all.
More questions re: my dog apple and her dental - including extractions. we are currently consulting with a couple of vets to see what their practice offers, expertise, etc. etc. One vet mentioned a perioceutic treatment. she has stage 2-3 periodontal disease, and then 4 in a couple of teeth. bleah :-( one of the vet dentists we saw mentioned this as part of the procedure (perioceutic tx). not sure I am down with it! but wanted to see your thoughts about it. Also - I have read about arnica prior... and then after the procedure. anything else to consider? For sure will have X-rays. In fact, one place offers a cone beam CT scan for a small amount more. also, apple has a grade 3 heart murmur (mitral valve) but has been cleared for anesthesia. and her bloodwork is phenomenal. Doing my best to be relaxed about this process.... thanks in advance for your support and any advice/words of wisdom.!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Grretchen!
perioceutic treatment. . not sure I am down with it!
Topical anti-biotics in the mouth will disrupt the oral microbiome of the mouth. If you opt for it, you may want to use an oral probiotic like from VRS

or:
I have read about arnica prior... and then after the procedure. anything else to consider?

The highest potency Arnica you have, in water and succussed before each dose, before and after (whenever you think she's uncomfortable) is perfect!

Try not to worry. She'll be fine...

GretchenB

Community Member
Registered
Hey Grretchen!

Topical anti-biotics in the mouth will disrupt the oral microbiome of the mouth. If you opt for it, you may want to use an oral probiotic like from VRS

or:

The highest potency Arnica you have, in water and succussed before each dose, before and after (whenever you think she's uncomfortable) is perfect!

Try not to worry. She'll be fine...
thanks Dr. Jeff!
i appreciate the follow up. I am not familiar with that first product (enterodog) but I am intrigued! They have quite a few other interesting products as well. Appreciate it.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom