• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Essential oils and the controversy of them (!?!?)

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Good afternoon! Recently in the Pets and Anxiety summit where I heard Dr. Roark speak about essential oils, I was very intrigued. Though I am familiar with other modalities such as homeopathy and acupuncture for many years now, I am trying to learn more about it not just for myself, but now...for my cat Bella who is dealing with kidney disease. Not late stage but early/mid stage. I even had a consult with one of Dr. Roark's affiliates the other weekend, and learned of kidney supportive oils I can use safely with Bella.

Recently, I decided to try a different animal communicator than one I have been using for years, only because she was recommended by a holistic vet I had visit my house recently for Bella ( new to us but hey...she came to my house and I am trying out things that can cause the least amount of stress). Anyways, while on my virtual meeting with the new animal communicator, when I mentioned wanting to educate myself in new ways to support Bella, like learning about EOs on a HA! recent summit, she nearly jumped through my camera saying "stop! stop! this is toxic for Bella!". Even when I explained I am using quality pure oils like Young Living (and soon to arrive to my doorstep...DoTERRA), it was like she would not or could not hear me. It set a tone for the rest of the appointment where I felt I had no desire to meet with this person again. Recently on the spirituality summit @Dr. Christina homeopathy chat with @Dr. Jeff, I appreciated the reminder about us pet owners make the decisions for our pets, we are their advocate, and we choose who will be on our team.

Can anyone share their experiences about essential oils? I am usually NOT a googler but sure enough as I was second guessing myself...after my animal communicator call I decided to google essential oils and cats and there was a slot of scary stuff out there about how toxic oils are for cats. What is fact and what is fiction? I don't want to harm Bella, I want to help support her and her kidneys! ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What is fact and what is fiction?

Great questions about essential oils and cats Daysha!

Fact-cats are super sensitive to some toxicities due to the way their liver and detox processes work.

Fact-not all eos are created equal

Fact-cats can do great with some supportive eos and many (all?) hydrosols made from eos.

Fiction-NEVER use eos for cats (perhaps watch Dr. Shelton's webinars in your HA! member area).

@Dr. Jean Hofve what say you?

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff and Dr. Jean. @Dr. Jean Hofve I just bought a lot of EOs from DoTerra soon to arrive to my home, for Bella's kidney support per Dr. Roark's affiliate/student, what have you.

1. Can I use these in my diffuser in the house? (Otherwise I will return them un-opened as it was an investment.) I bought copaiba, cedarwood, juniper berry, sandalwood, and turmeric.
  2. DoTerra only offered one hydrosol as far as I am aware, rose water. Do you have any recommendations?
Thank you!!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
No, I would not use them in a diffuser around a cat.

I don't use any EOs, hydrosol or otherwise (other than peppermint oil to keep out the mice!), but I'm told there are plenty of good companies out there that make a wide variety of hydrosols.

TriciaW

Registered
There are vets who make their own line of EO. AnimalEO is one of them. I would trust that before anything from anywhere else. I actually unplugged the diffusers after reading about the potential toxicity for our pets.

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
There are vets who make their own line of EO. AnimalEO is one of them. I would trust that before anything from anywhere else. I actually unplugged the diffusers after reading about the potential toxicity for our pets.
Thank you, Tricia.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom