• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Counter surfing! ?

PattyS

VIP Member
Registered
My 9 yr old Dalmatian just jumped on the counter and ate half of a small baked pie pumpkin. What if any side effects would you expect?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
None!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Unless he is super sensitive to one of the ingredients, that should not cause any problems. Lots of the ingredients (maybe not the flour & sugar) are part of a good varied diet.
Dr. Christina

AlysonR

VIP Member
Registered
Yippee that you've got a 9 yr. old dalmation that can still jump on countertops! Two questions spring to mind:
1) Is this the first time he's jumped on a counter?
2) If so, what's changed? (If not, I guess the pumpkin pie'll be going on top of the refrigerator next time -- unless you've got cats :).)

PattyS

VIP Member
Registered
Yippee that you've got a 9 yr. old dalmation that can still jump on countertops! Two questions spring to mind:
1) Is this the first time he's jumped on a counter?
2) If so, what's changed? (If not, I guess the pumpkin pie'll be going on top of the refrigerator next time -- unless you've got cats :).)
Lol. It was actually just a pumpkin that I baked. Typically she does not steal food from the counters, but she had been eyeing up the pumpkin earlier. She is an opportunist. I was on the phone when she ate it!!
She threw up at 6:45am and pooped a LOT today.

AlysonR

VIP Member
Registered
Interesting... My new puppy knows what things are hers -- or at least for dogs, and if I've put them up for some reason, she'll take them if they're within reach. Example: I put the other dog's breakfast and marrow bone on the table (since he often eats breakfast with dinner) while I went walking with him. She carefully ate her favorite part of his breakfast, and got down his marrow bone. His dish remained exactly where it was on the table.

Quite possibly your dog was drawn to the pumpkin both for flavor and nutritional value. In small quantities, it is an excellent source of fiber (both types).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom