• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Copper sulfate solution

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Has anyone had experience or have any thoughts on bathing a dog with copper sulfate/copper vitriol?
Dog is now on psor 200c for very vey very stubborn chronic (last 2 years) serious skin unwellnss.
Reading in German homeo vet book for first time about this solution (dr Wolff).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I personally don't have any experience using copper for skin problems Carol.

But I do have some when it comes to increasing copper elimination using zinc.

In general, copper storage anywhere in the body (liver, brain, etc.) is associated with dis-ease:

I will gladly do some research and see what turns up...:)

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff.
bathing with this solution was authors suggestion as a method to change the pH of the skin,,,if dogs body is with fungal infection.
Emmas skins are blackened, shedding black, with yellowish large dry hunks, dandruff like scales. Loss of hair has spread, nearly balding body. Psorinum 200c given three, four days ago. Maybe this remedy will bring her up. Patience time! Had wondered it sulphate wash would help also.
Thank you again.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Carol, do you remember the source of the info?

Who prescribed the Psorinum?

G

ginnyw

Carol, diseases "of the skin" are not necessarily the best target of remedies. The skin can be thought of like a movie screen, where many disturbances in the body project themselves through skin symptoms. A deeper look into the signs and symptoms, vitality, habits, and all other circumstances may well provide ideas for remedies to which the body can respond, thus clearing up the skin symptoms along the way to full health. In fact, skin stuff is often the body's earliest response to an inner mistunement - a big clue, firstly that something is amiss, and secondly a pointer to how to address it. Trying to clear up skin stuff alone will not address total health.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Ginny.
Might I please reply tho that Emma has been thru hell with this for what I think is too long. She is 12 and half. If her skin gets any more worsening, I will have to consider putting her down soon.
Been thru three considerable knowing homeo vets.
My heart aches so much as we all understand.
Keep hearing skin issue is challenging.
Is there a time we throw in the towel on skins?
First homeo vet steered me to conventional meds, which I did,,not understanding consequences.
Emma looked great after six weeks of meds.
Issues came back slowly. Went with different homeo vet. Things kept worsening for emma.
Third homeo vet. Oh my, so bad for emma right now.
Hear that patience is needed with this medicine. Over two years of patience on Emma’s part and mine.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Carol-

I agree with you 100% that this is now a major quality of life issue for poor Emma.

Now's the time to consider a single Cytopoint injection with continued excellent homeopathic prescribing as it wears off.

As Ginny wisely points out, but which you already know, manipulation of her skin symptoms is not good for her Vitality or her Balance.

However it is good for her happiness, and that's really what matters most at this stage in her life.

You definitely should talk to your vet homeopath about her quality of life.

Especially since humane euthanasia is on the table.

Maybe @gailpope has other more supportive and gentler ideas.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Also, Carol, you may want to use at least 20 minutes/day of a snuffle mat like this:

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
Dear Carol, oh my heart bleeds for you and Emma. This is a real long shot especially since I'm not one of the more knowledgeable members of this forum but a while back I had two dogs who both at the same time came up with terrible allergies. They didn't sleep at night so we didn't sleep. It went on for months. Nothing we tried helped. There was very little hair left. Skin looked terrible. Finally, we tested for mites. The results were negative. But I was desperate so regardless I then tried treating for mites. It was a miracle. I know Emma has been suffering for much longer than mine but I thought it might be worth mentioning. Also, there is a product out there, Green Clean by Natural Ginesis. I think it might have helped. Dr. Jeff, what do you think about Path-away? Carol, Emma is so fortunate to have you for a mother. Liz

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Liz! Emma also was tested for mites, twice, in beginning of this. Conventional vet was certain she had mites, and or, mange! Neither was happening at that time. He swore she did not have a thyroid issue months before that too,,,but she came up quite hypothyroid when tested with the mange look. All so challenging.
I will check into the green clean today. And your kind words and heart are received and so appreciated.
I know that the homeo vet Emma is working with, has a “clean” protocol of working only with homeo, and herbs here and there. I will ask her before starting, or trying anything new with Emma.
Much thank you, carol

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi dr Jeff,
I have already checked into the snuffle mat for emma. Think it may be in my cart. I was waiting to order, cuz I want to order Emma one of the wonderful winter coats. Had to measure her, She has a wardrobe of coats, but a new, supposedly warmest, coat is always appreciated by us girls. I was happy to see this new, (to me) site, with wonderful products for our best friends,
Thanks for suggesting again. I will order today.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom