• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Contents of a First Aid Kit for Pets

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi!

During the Empower Hour! webinar this coming Monday, June 8, 2020 one of the topics will be about how to make your own first aid kit, as Dr. Cindy discussed a bit 2 nights ago (hint - listen to this webinar and download the slides prior to Monday so you can ask questions).

Click below for the contents of a super-complete first aid kit. During the 6/8 (tomorrow!) webinar we'll get to help you individualize one for your pet.

What to have in your pet First Aid kit:

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for this info. I don't know how to use H2O2 for inducing vomiting. Please tell me how to dilute 3% for this purpose and how to administer. Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Gradually administer syringes of the straight peroxide until vomiting occurs.

The peroxide bubbles up in the stomach to start the vomiting reflex. The peroxide then becomes H20 so no worries about toxicity.

Go slow whenever giving fluids this way so that swallowing occurs. We don't want the liquid to go down the wrong pipe and irritating the trachea and lungs.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, what a great EH! I have 2 questions after last night. First, in the picture of the 4 AWESOME remedies, are they taken from a stock bottle made from 2 pellets diluted in 8 ounces of distilled water. Can you keep them unrefrigerated and for how long.

I make up Teddy phosphorus each week and refrigerate it. I don’t think I have ever seen liquid remedy but had to ask.

Also can you recommend a good product name that makes Calendula creams, gel and Similisan eye drops. Thank you!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom