• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Chronic Degenerative Valve Disease, Congestive Heart Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension - Chelsea's Case

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi everyone -

Putting a case up here of a friend's pup. Would love feedback from anyone with experience in this realm and from @Dr. Jeff , @Dr. Christina , @Dr. Sara. Chelsea is an 11yo, 5lb Maltese. My friend acquired her from a young couple in NYC who took really poor care of her and my friend convinced them to give Chelsea to her. Chelsea was probably 4 or 5yo at the time.

She undoubtedly had her puppy shots with that other couple and she's been given antibiotics over the years for 2 ear infections, years apart.

I've taken Chelsea's case; link is here to the google sheet. Please copy and paste if trouble on this platform accessing. The permissions are for anyone with a link, so shouldn't be a problem.

You'll notice heart disease (SYMPTOM) remedies, which I think I should focus on, as well as MIND remedies for her mild, submissive, gentle personality and as a dog who loves to be carried, cuddled, kissed and lay on your lap and sleep. Again, it is my feeling in this case the heart disease remedies, especially Spongia, Digitalis, , Naja, Crataegus and Strophantus His. (last two as heart tonics as well), are the ones to focus on. And, would welcome vet feedback.

UPDATE: 5/2/21-Mom just told me Chelsea started trembling. She hasn't noticed what brings it on (she'll try to notice more) and says it stops when Chelsea lays down and rests. I have to add this to her case, but until I have time to do that, wanted you to know. :)

Also would welcome feedback from anyone with personal experiences you've had with these diseases/symptoms.

Thank you!

Jody

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jody, it would be wonderful if you share the chief complaint and context in this thread.

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hey Jody, it would be wonderful if you share the chief complaint and context in this thread.
Hi @Dr. Jeff - Sure. Chelsea has Congestive Heart Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension and Chronic Degenerative Valve Disease. She's just started trembling intermittently too. My friend sent me a video and it broke my heart. The little girl just sat down, hunched over a bit and was shaking and looking like her life force was weak and she was not doing so well.
I would love to be able to help her.
You can't access the google sheet? It is an anyone with a link share.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The best way to help is if you can find any modalities.

Yes, the Google sheet works for me but I didnt see the chief complaint (not the pathology, diagnoses, symptoms, rubrics, etc.).

Are there any triggers for the trembling?

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
The best way to help is if you can find any modalities.

Yes, the Google sheet works for me but I didnt see the chief complaint (not the pathology, diagnoses, symptoms, rubrics, etc.).

Are there any triggers for the trembling?
The chief complaint is the pathology for mom; now it seems the exhaustion worse from slightest exertion and trembling (she doesn’t know from what better or worse) are the newest complaints. The only modalities mom could help with are already on the sheet. She isn’t terribly helpful with noticing; am working with her on that.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
With this degree of pathology Jody, I'd strongly advise her working 1:1 with an integrative vet homeopath who is familiar with conventional diagnostics and treatment of heart and lung dis-eases in addition to her work with you.

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
With this degree of pathology Jody, I'd strongly advise her working 1:1 with an integrative vet homeopath who is familiar with conventional diagnostics and treatment of heart and lung dis-eases in addition to her work with you.
I so agree! :) Can you take her on as a client if she were willing? I know she loves her vet cardiologist, so not sure she would be, but is that something I can suggest?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for asking Jody.

@dr_ judy herman or Dr. Adriana Sagrera may be a better bet for your friend (I'm only working with HA! AA members who need in-depth individualization (as your friend's pup would).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom