• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Chlorella, Cilantro use for heavy metal detox, possible adverse reaction

Cyd

All-Access Member
Registered
Without citing specific references to Anthony William's warnings regarding the intentional, frequent, regular consumption of these types of "green foods" to naturally & economically detox heavy metals, what stuck in my mind is his observation that the detox/chelation action in humans is incomplete & unpredictable & can result in "new" health problems/symptoms, which I believe involved stress on the liver when the body tries to eliminate the more potent consolidated/stored vs. scattered about quantities of the accumulated heavy metals. Probably like a lot of us, I started intentionally including cilantro in my dog's meals having heard from many different sources about its positive effect on elimination of heavy metals, I stopped once I heard Anthony Williams warnings, I didn't want to take any chances, mainly because it's hard for us humans to sense day-to-day what is going on in our pets bodies. I know that chelation is a very specific, complex process, especially when mercury is involved & these days it is presumed that every living being carries an excess load. I remember I would feel "different" eating straight cilantro to detox & I have specific sensitivity/allergy to mercury. I think the intention that we have with our actions is more impactful than we imagine, back then I didn't check in or routinely use applied kinesiology to check optimum supplements for 6 dogs, everyone ate the same food & got the same supplements for the most part. Today if I wanted to detox animals I would use BioPrep/Bio Superfood micro algae or if I offered cilantro I would definitely ask myself each & every meal if it would be beneficial, which is essentially how I approach EVERYTHING I now give by mouth. I also try to remember to do additional investigation before jumping on a popular health recommendation, especially in its infancy, however, sometimes it takes time for updated info to come out AND that type of update/caveat is often not made available in a readily accessible, mass-media manner.

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Without citing specific references to Anthony William's warnings regarding the intentional, frequent, regular consumption of these types of "green foods" to naturally & economically detox heavy metals, what stuck in my mind is his observation that the detox/chelation action in humans is incomplete & unpredictable & can result in "new" health problems/symptoms, which I believe involved stress on the liver when the body tries to eliminate the more potent consolidated/stored vs. scattered about quantities of the accumulated heavy metals. Probably like a lot of us, I started intentionally including cilantro in my dog's meals having heard from many different sources about its positive effect on elimination of heavy metals, I stopped once I heard Anthony Williams warnings, I didn't want to take any chances, mainly because it's hard for us humans to sense day-to-day what is going on in our pets bodies. I know that chelation is a very specific, complex process, especially when mercury is involved & these days it is presumed that every living being carries an excess load. I remember I would feel "different" eating straight cilantro to detox & I have specific sensitivity/allergy to mercury. I think the intention that we have with our actions is more impactful than we imagine, back then I didn't check in or routinely use applied kinesiology to check optimum supplements for 6 dogs, everyone ate the same food & got the same supplements for the most part. Today if I wanted to detox animals I would use BioPrep/Bio Superfood micro algae or if I offered cilantro I would definitely ask myself each & every meal if it would be beneficial, which is essentially how I approach EVERYTHING I now give by mouth. I also try to remember to do additional investigation before jumping on a popular health recommendation, especially in its infancy, however, sometimes it takes time for updated info to come out AND that type of update/caveat is often not made available in a readily accessible, mass-media manner.
Thanks for this, @Cyd. Really interesting. What about DE for detoxing of metals? I used to give organic, food grade DE to my dogs for quite a while, not so much for that but for killing any buggers in their guts; I would take it myself for that and more (I have osteoporosis). Wondering what you think about DE for detoxing metals? Jody

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Cyd, Dr Sue also recommended organic milk thistle, which is gentle and it’s made by herbsmith. Have you used milk thistle?

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Hey Cyd, BioSuperfood is one of my very favorite supplements! I've used it for many years. In fact I just ran out so I need to take action on that! Here's an article I wrote about it quite a few years ago, but it still applies. BioSuperfood for Super Health | Little Big Cat

Personally I prefer BSF for cats over BioPrep, but either one is fine. My distributor is a long-time friend who suffered a severe traumatic brain injury in a car accident, so I try to throw business his way via links on my site. But any source is okay as long as it's the genuine article.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Anyone have experience with Zeolite? I had forgotten all about it, but I used it about a dozen years ago with my very old and compromised dog. I remember mildly beneficial results, but, honestly, he was a real bundle of ills, so hard to evaluate.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom