• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Changes after Apis 30c 10/Q

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
A f/u to this post - Vet suggested surgery but not 100% sure it's pyometra

[to summarize, my Hope was brought in for dental surgery but the vet suspected pyometra because, based on ultrasound images, an organ filled with fluid. However, she wasn't 100% sure if it's Hope's uterus. She urged us to consent to an emergency spay. Essentially, we wouldn't know if it's pyometra until we cut her open to see...she said Hope needs to be spayed anyway. I said no. We brought her home.]

I dosed Hope Apis 30c 10/Q when we got home.

Reporting on [subtle] changes, @Dr. Jeff :

April 6
2pm - dosed
315pm - Lunch then long and deep nap
340pm - out for walk - [New] We made our [usually short] round in the neighborhood and when we passed by our home, she did not want to go in, for the first time (!!), and continued walking. [NEW] Less reactive to noise - usually she is very fearful of [loud] noises.

April 7
lump under chin (on left size) grew in size.
coughed once before breakfast time.
some lips smacking.

Wait and see? @GinnyW :)

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
As long as there is improvement, you don't want to repeat a dose. When things stop, go sideways, or get worse, then you have to decide if one needs the same remedy again, or another well-considered choice. It sounds as if things are progressing, to me. Even the lump is a good sign:) I'm glad you were not rushed into the pyo. This is not classic-looking pyo, and you can wait five minutes - or a day - for confirmatory symptoms. You guys are doing great:)

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Thank you, @GinnyW ! I will "wait and see" :) Thanks for the encouragement also!
I wanted to make very clear that these decisions should be made by your homeopath whenever practical. As a general principle, most times restraint is a great choice. But if your doctor gives instructions for a series of doses, he has reason, and should be followed. I am NOT in anyway qualified to give advice, but just trying to help you avoid harm. Many times we find ourselves up a creek without a paddle, and those are the times to be conservative; I've just done the same for my own dog.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes! @GinnyW I completely get it and understand. Thank you for the reminder.
I appreciate so much all of your thoughts - they're truly valuable - they're what you've learned through hands-on experience...to me, that is priceless.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello @JodyMY Thank you for asking! Hope is doing good! After her dental surgery, the lump under her chin is gone ... she is taking longer sniffle walks and she's eating well!

Hope clearly did not have pyometra - it was confirmed by the holistic vet whom performed the dental surgery.

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hello @JodyMY Thank you for asking! Hope is doing good! After her dental surgery, the lump under her chin is gone ... she is taking longer sniffle walks and she's eating well!

Hope clearly did not have pyometra - it was confirmed by the holistic vet whom performed the dental surgery.
I'm so so happy to hear that, @ChristineL! Great she didn't have Pyo and so great you have a holistic vet to perform that surgery. Makes such a difference. Yay!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Yeah, great! All positive, and leaves her well-prepared for deep systemic healing:) Good goin', mom!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom