• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat vomiting solid food after eating

MisaO

Community Member
Registered
My 6 yr female cat (FIV+) has been thriving with raw meat for 5+ years. However, since this Monday, she started vomiting solid food (chicken thigh chunks, any canned food which has solids in it). Additionally, I have tried giving her egg yolk, roasted chicken, pate-type of canned food, but she threw up even small amount. I took her to a conventional vet yesterday, and had X-ray taken and blood tests done (Catalyst Complete, Lyte4, Chem15), and all showed within normal range, and X-ray showed a few specks of brighter dots in her intestine (as if there were bone bits), but the vet didn't worry about it since it is all on the way out from her system. She (the vet) was about to give a shot of Cerenia (Maropitant), but I politely refused it.

My cat (Her name is Mikan - pronounced, "Me-khaan" a little tangerine in Japanese!) is 8.20lb as of yesterday, that is her regular weight. She is a super sweet, humble, calm, and patient kitty. Although she vomits, she doesn't have any diarrhea. I brought her poop sample to the vet, so I will hear the result from the office today. Last night, after the vet visit, she ate about 1 Tbsp of wet food, and she didn't throw up. I gave her 1 Tbsp of chicken broth late last night and this morning. Although she threw up wet food again this morning, she enjoyed small amount of ghee butter.

What can I do to help Mikan eat? What else can I try? She has good appetite and energy (well, she can still run away from her brother cat play-chasing her!). Shall I try homeopathy, like Arsenicum album? I am just referring Dr. Hamilton's book, and I have a tubule 30c at home. I will greatly appreciate any input on this. Thank you very much!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Misa, thanks for posting this great question about vomiting❗ ?

I have lots of questions and comments and my first is about Mikan's BEAM?

Are there any other 4P (Persistent, Prominent, Problematic, Peculiar) symptoms?

Do you observe the vomiting (or is it regurgitation)?

If so, can you describe it?

While you're collecting info, you might also want to watch the webinar about vomiting which is in your member area.

One thing to try right now is to keep her food to 1 tsp or less (a "mouseful") and add a bit of warm water to it so you can easily liquefy it.

Are you working with a vet homeopath or have a copy of Kent's repertory?

Stay Vital! ⚡

MisaO

Community Member
Registered
Hi Misa, thanks for posting this great question about vomiting❗ ?

I have lots of questions and comments and my first is about Mikan's BEAM?

Are there any other 4P (Persistent, Prominent, Problematic, Peculiar) symptoms?

Do you observe the vomiting (or is it regurgitation)?

If so, can you describe it?

While you're collecting info, you might also want to watch the webinar about vomiting which is in your member area.

One thing to try right now is to keep her food to 1 tsp or less (a "mouseful") and add a bit of warm water to it so you can easily liquefy it.

Are you working with a vet homeopath or have a copy of Kent's repertory?

Stay Vital! ⚡

MisaO

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for your reply, Dr. Jeff. Being new on HA!, lots of things to learn including navigating the forum threads, BEAM, and 4Ps. I am a newbie. Anyway, I realized I need to do lots of homework to do this weekend. I will post my report again.

Mikan is regurgitating, and not vomiting. She vomited early Thursday morning, and that contained previous evening's cooked chicken undigested.

I am not currently working with any vet homeopath. When I worked with Dr. Hamilton was 5 years ago. Yes, I own a copy of Ken's repertory (e-book).

Have a great weekend!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic, thanks Misa!

It's great that you have a Kent's repertory because that means you can look up symptoms for the regurgitations!

Like these:

STOMACH - ERUCTATIONS - food (regurgitation) : (72) Aesc. aeth. am-m. Arg-n. ars. Arum-t. asaf. Bell. Bry. bufo Calc. Calc-s. canth. Carb-v. carbn-s. Caust. Cham. CHIN. chinin-ar. coff. Con. Cop. cycl. Dig. echi. FERR. ferr-i. FERR-P. glon. graph. Hep. ign. iris kali-ar. Kali-bi. kali-c. kali-p. kali-s. kalm. Lach. lob. Lyc. mag-m. Mag-p. mang. Merc. Mez. Mur-ac. Nat-m. nit-ac. Nux-v. PH-AC. PHOS. pic-ac. plat. plb. Podo. PULS. ran-b. Rhus-t. rob. sars. senec. spig. sul-ac. Sulph. tab. teucr. thuj. ust. valer. verat.

STOMACH - VOMITING - food - undigested : (15) aeth. ant-c. bell. calc. Ferr. Ip. Kali-bi. KREOS. Lac-d. lyc. nat-m. nux-v. phos. Puls. sabin.

STOMACH - VOMITING - food - undigested - eaten previous day : (1) sabin.

Be well, and have fun this weekend! ?⛱??

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom