• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat revaccination or titer

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
My 15 mo old kitten is due to her annual check up. She had 2 series of FVRCP at 11 and 17.5 week. I was told she should get another shot at her annual exam. The vet‘s argument is the additional shot will help to get trough her URI easier ( Cleo is FHV and FeCoV pis and is getting URI every 2 mo. Last 2 episodes were instigated by stress and wet weather. I would prefer to have the TITER done instead of another vaccine booster. is it a reasonable? She didn’t receive rabies vaccine and she is indoor cat. I also work with Dr. Sue Swanson to improve Cleo’s state of health. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Elena!

is getting URI every 2 mo.
That susceptibility to URI can be modified without drugs or vaccines.

As internal balance improves by optimizing lifestyle and energetic balance (with homeopathy) resilience increases:

Last 2 episodes were instigated by stress and wet weather.
That's useful info (for a vet homeopath).
I would prefer to have the TITER done instead of another vaccine booster. is it a reasonable?
Yes (IMHO)!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Perfect question. No more vaccines needed. Really no need to do a titer, either - does not hurt, but no need to pay for it. The vaccine for the viral disease Panleukopenia is one of the most effective for any species in the world, so your kitty is protected. The others are not very effective.

The way to deal with any illness is to create balance and vitality. Have you taken the pet health 101 class? That is a great support.

Is Dr. Swanson too far to be your annual check up vet? She is a wonderful holistic vet and makes treating cats much easier than even some other holistic vets. Be sure, if not close enough, that you are working regularly with her - it is better to keep the balance rather than wait for symptoms, then start treatment. Once balanced, stress will not trigger URI.

You may want to download the member resource of the Healthy Cat Journal so you can see which treatments and lifestyle changes are helping the most.

And I would listen to webinars by Anitra Frazier, and even get her book, the Natural Cat.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina

ElenaD

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina for your support. There won’t be any more vaccinations for Cleo.

Im working with Dr.Swanson on the regular basis. She is wonderful and thank you very much for recommending her in time I was needed the most. Unfortunately for Cleo and me Dr. Swanson
is too far from NJ where I live. Im reading Anita Frazier book, downloaded and printed your cat journal which is very helpful to keep track of all challenges Cleo health often presents, my responses and the treatment.

Kindly,
Elena.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Yes, Wisconsin is a bit far!
do schedule regular phone appointments, though.
Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom