• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cancer Questions

jlandry78

All-Access Member
Registered
What would you recommend to put in place right away after getting the diagnosis of cancer. Having been through that myself recently with my dog, I can attest to that time feeling like a whirlwind that can be very overwhelming with information and decisions to make.

I'm wondering if you could provide a checklist for sorts in regards to questions to ask, things to be aware of, and anything else that would be important to put in a place right away after receiving that diagnosis.

Also - how does the presence of cancerous cells affect the functioning of the body as a whole?

Thank you!

Jill

Dr. Erin

Veterinarian
First of all, I am so sorry for the diagnosis. At my practice, the first thing I put in place is a diet change depending on patient and type of cancer. Is this a cancer that would benefit from ketogenic diet? We also do in depth blood work testing to reveal vitamin and/or nutritional deficiencies. Working on getting that corrected and using Chinese herbals, mushroom complex, vitamin D (based on levels), and anything else to balance the body is the first critical step.
Once we feel the patient has accepted the new diet and often they feel better, we move forward with our cancer treatments. There is no one cancer treatment for every patient. We use Ozone therapy as cancer patients have low oxygen levels, are toxic and have mitochondrial loss. We use intravenous vitamin c to replace and act as an antioxidant. We use SanaWave for solid tumors with astounding success. We also incorporate essential oils, homeopathy (however I am just learning at this point), acupuncture, glandular support and microbiome transfers. It’s overwhelming looking at this list, however, each one of our patients has a tailored treatment plan. I hope this helps some. The journey of chronic disease is taxing on the humans too so make sure you take care of yourself.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your awe-some reply @Dr. Erin! ?

I'd add something that you can start today and which your pup will love.

That is to use Pranayama for Pets and respiration which increases energy.

You can do this by promoting sniff walks, playing nose work games, etc.?

Great idea about a checklist Jill.:thumbsup:

Let's use this thread to collect ideas.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Let's start the checklist:

1. Upgrade your pets' diets to the freshest and most Vital foods that you have access to and can afford.

Raw meats, in variety, from a local organic farm are the very best.

However, most of us don't have access to clean fresh foods, like Rawganics, or a nearby family farm.

That's where fresh frozen foods like those from Darwin's or Steve's Real Food come in:

However, raw meats are not the only foods you can feed to reduce cancer risk and improve quality of life and cancer treatments.

Fresh fruits and veggies are awe-some sources of Vitality and phytonutrients that optimize your pets' immune systems and help fight cancer.

For example, most pets love the blueberry-kale smoothie which is also jam-packed with goodness!

My friend Anthony William also has some great info for people here:

For your pets, please replace anything with grapes with wild blueberries.

2. Increase healing energy by exposure to sunlight.

This HA! does not increase vitamin D in pets the way it does in people, so I also advise testing their vitamin D level using the VDI vitamin D test.

It is available through them and is also available through Rx Vitamins (who also make a great liquid vitamin D supplement):

3. Increase respiration which is know to decrease dis-ease, like cancer, in people, Especially well documented is improved by people who practice the yogic breathing of pranayama.

The Art of Living Foundation has some great resources for people and I'll start a different thread about Pranayama for Pets.

The bottom line is to promote sniff walks, nosework, and games where your pets hunt for treats games

4. Increase engagement with the environment, people and other pets.

Running and playing outside checks off 2, 3 and 4! Other ways depend on what your pets like to do and doing more of it.

That may be petting, brushing, just hanging out next to you or...

5. Use massage, and healing touch. These are also research-proven to improve treatment outcomes (in people).

6. Use Reiki at least 3x/week (daily if possible).

Here's a recap of those mentioned by @Dr. Erin

7. Mushrooms like:

8. Traditional Chinese Vet Med:

9. Ozone therapy (increase oxygen and Vitality via negative ions):

10. Sanawave (local hyperthermia + extra energies for re-balancing ):

11. IV vitamin C:

12. Essential oils and aromatherapy:

13. Glandular support

14. Probiotics and fecal transplants:

15. Homeopathy (use this for every patient with cancer):

jlandry78

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff and Dr Erin, Thank you for listing all of this out Many of these I've heard of, but not all. My Faith took her journey over the rainbow bridge this past week. But if I were to go through this with another dog in the future, it will be great to have this resource.

jlandry78

All-Access Member
Registered
Oh, I also wanted to mention that Answers Pet Food offers very high quality raw meat sources and they do a lot of education on how to use their products to follow a ketogenic diet. I would highly recommend them as company.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Faith Jill.?

Please let me know if I can help further in any way.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom