• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Can a homeopathic remedy stop working for pets?

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Jeff and Dr Christina, In your experience, is it possible that if using a remedy for a long time as in Teddy’s case on phosphorus, is it possible that it can no longer be effective? And is it safe to stop immediately or taper, in general? Of course I will check with Dr Judy at his appointment but I also wanted to know your experience with using TCM,supplements and a remedy could the remedy that was labeled as only one for polycythemia now work against the condition?

Every 6-8 weeks Teddy has his blood drawn. Jan 2021, blood clots easily, clotting in the tube,PCV76, March PCV80%, JULY 71%, and now SEP back to 80%. BEAM is 90%, at times a few auras, but blood is clotting in the tube of blood. His physical was normal, despite the lousy blood count. I am still waiting on analysis but was given the PCV%

Could the phosphorus be aggravating his condition. I am reading that it helps with clotting and I want to keep the blood moving, not clotting. Any thoughts ? Thank you.

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
So sorry no heading in this I hit wrong button the thread should read, can a remedy reverse if given a long time. Thank you

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Joann, there is certainly a learning curve to understand how homeopathic medicines work. I would strongly suggest you actually take (it is a member benefit) one of the introductions to homeopathy classes that I taught live for HA. A shorter, though not as complete way to get a bit of how to think homeopathically would be by reviewing the last EH session for each month in 2020 as we briefly covered the key points.

Reading Wendy Jensen's Practical Guide to Veterinary Homeopathy will also walk you through the principals and steps of healing with homeopathy.

You asked: "Could the phosphorus be aggravating his condition. I am reading that it helps with clotting and I want to keep the blood moving, not clotting."

Here is the challenge in thinking homeopathically. Remedies help/affect the vital force (energy field) that, when off balance, creates symptoms anywhere in the body. Remedies are not given for clotting, nor for keeping blood moving. Phosphorus was prescribed to balance Teddy's vital force so that all the symptoms of polycythemia and all other, apparently unrelated symptoms, are resolved and he stays healthy.

You asked, " Teddy’s case on phosphorus, is it possible that it can no longer be effective? " Definitely a remedy can stop acting. When the vital force has become as balanced as possible with one remedy, there may be symptoms not covered by this remedy and a different one may be needed. Or the strength of the remedy may need to be changed - increased potency, frequency or administration method.

One post that may be useful is to read about Toshia - When to Change Remedy?

Remedies only go into the body and give the energy field a push. They are not like a drug or an herb that are acting strongly in the physical realm. They can be stopped with no problem. They do not need to be tapered. if your appointment with Dr. Judy is not soon, please call or email her with your concerns.

Your role is to carefully track ALL symptoms, BEAM and early warning signs and let Dr. Judy figure out what the next steps are.

Dr. Christina

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Joann and anyone still having trouble seeing the goal of rebalancing the energy field, therefore all the physical systems, here are a few posts in the Homeopathy folder that may be useful.

Worsening of symptoms:
https://www.holisticactions.com/forum/threads/aggravation.42788/

Hi! Dr Jeff said something to me a while ago that stuck. I asked if a remedy brought on a health issue in Tater Tot and Dr. Jeff said, "her body is doing the best it can."

Re-connecting Science, Medicine and Healing for Pets

I started repeating it to myself on a regular basis (even with a little thing like an annoying coworker) -"she/he is doing the best they can." And it helps me accept and forgive myself too, "I am doing the best I can." And for the pups, "They and their bodies are doing the best they can."

And although I totally agree with living the healthiest & most organic lifestyle as possible, just realizing we are doing the best we can in any moment. Trying to stay present and connected in appreciation and love. And accepting (as much as possible that those around us are doing the best they can do too.

Dr. Wendy Jensen and The New World of Balance to Have Healthy Pets
this gives you a sense of how we look at ALL symptoms, not merely one body system.

Dr. Christina

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Christina, I needed that rebalance of your wise words! I will go back to the principles, and yes will have Dr Judy help me. Sometimes I get easily thrown off my balance because I love this little guy so much. Thank you❤️

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom