• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Blossom more negative responses to aconite

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Not to belabor this but I gave Blossom 2 drops of the aconite today in some skim milk. She walked longer than her normal right afterwards and breathing not too bad. A few hours later I had her in the fence in the front yard and a neighbor was walking her dogs and Blossom had a reaction to them jumping up, excitement and a brief whine. Usually on walks there is a barking dog we see, Blossom just stops and stares at him and no reaction. Also typically she looks out the front window and sees all kinds of things and never a reaction, not even to dogs being walked. Today, a few hours after her dosing, I heard a scream like sound as she sat at the window and I ran there to see what was up. There was nothing there. No wildlife, no cars, no delivery person, no dog being walked. Nothing. Actually I am thinking I do not like any of this. I don't know if this is normal but I would prefer no effect than this effect. I used to leave her in the yard, no leash and she was fine and no reaction to things and now I am afraid to leave her untethered. How must this make her feel internally if she is reacting this way. I need to get her to the vet for repeat blood work in a week or so. Dr. J said she read Blossom's behavior reports from the shelter (she was shut down, not reactive to anything, trembling but no escalation to aggression at all) This now is all new negative behavior and I cannot see how this is a good thing. She (Dr.( says this could take a while but this behavior could get us all in trouble. It also seems like this is more internal stress than she had before in the environment (home) where she feels safe and did not display things like this.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Blossom's distress soon after dosing.
I cannot see how this is a good thing
Great point! However, since the Aconite's "job" as a homeopathically similar remedy is to emulate the underlying energetic imbalance resulting in the fear state.

It's therefore not unusual, and often is a good sign, that the remedy has done what it's supposed to do and that now it's time to let her body (without further dosing).

Aggressive behavior is often secondary to fear.

You may just want to manage her closely for the next 3 days (a typical aggravation occurs 1-3 days after dosing) and follow up with Dr. Judy at the beginning of the week.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
This sounds reasonable. I have been documenting now. I think I even saw her hackles go up which I never saw before. I remember my Gabby used to raise hers when she was excited or on alert. I just remember when I was going to use the lyssin on Blossom but did not when you said it could cause aggresssion---Yikes---like a rabid animal? Like they say about a lot of things that may apply here? Things get worse before they get better. When I understand what is going on with information, I can soldier through. Thank you for the information!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Lil, I second what Dr J and J said. After a homeopathic medicine it is very important to track symptoms BUT NOT to REACT to symptoms. Also, human interpretations are often skewed by our past experiences and really not knowing what our animals are thinking.

It may be that fear is a shut down state that is lower BEAM than standing up for herself/excitement/ even alertness. Time will tell. Be patient and keep in touch with Dr. Judith.

AND, remember Dr. Bernie Siegel and Anitra Frazier - YOUR thoughts super affect Blossom, so keep working on yourself - EFT, meditation, breathing, eden energy medicine - and it will roll over to Blossom. It is important to soldier through even when you do NOT understand - just be patient.
Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Christina, thank you as always for the support AND information. I will try the car again today. Today while I was walking her a little dog came running out of a yard (visitors to that home, ) I FREAKED OUT but Blossom seemed unfazed. The dog did not stop at my commands and ended up spraying it and it still did not retreat. Blossom is a pitbull and they always get blamed for whatever happens even when not at fault so I was trying to avert any contact. Anyway I did over react but don't know how to keep calm in those cases borne out of other experiences over the years with off leash dogs. Only thing I don't agree with 100 percent is soldiering on even when I do not understand. Again based on my bad experience with JJ's homeopath last year, who suppressed and worsened his symptoms--I put blind faith in him and knew even less than I do now about homeopathy. I also do not see his name in the American Veterinary Homeopathy Association. Dr. Wil Falconer did a newsletter on that today. Usually I know more about what I take a leap doing but in that case I leaped without a parachute so I do have to understand most things especially after that hard lesson learned.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Not holding my breath but today I took Blossom in the car. My strategy was to do multiple trips close together (and of course channel JJ to let her love it like he did). We did 4 rides in one hour. She looked relaxed but we only went about 5 minutes. I was happy for THAT. She was looking out the window smiling, sitting and quiet. If this homeopathy works I will have to eat crow for life. But fingers crossed. this was 5 mintues. I am hoping going multiple times close together dilutes the fear.... New technique of mine. I will still hold off giving any more aconite till I email Dr. Judith. thanks all for your support and patience.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW!

Great idea (short, frequent trips).

Coincidentally, I just wrote that short, frequent walks, play sessions (and now I can add car rides) work best.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Review the many webinars we have about how to prevent your freak outs, and keep trying one after the other.
Dr. christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Sounds great. What would be the title of the webinar? Are these the monday webinars? Thanks!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Energy Healing methods: so many ways to help yourself as you help blossom:
They are the monday webinars.
A few: 2023: 4/17, 4/10; 3/27 (EDEN); 3/13 (healing touch); 3/6 (GI GONG); 1/23; 1/16; 1/2 (BERNIE SIEGel - also see more of him at you tube all paws pet talk tv); 2022: 12/12(WAGNER *); 12/26; 9/12; 6/6; 6/20; 5/23 (FRazier); all of april - on anxiety and it all applies to you as well; 3/14 (dowsing); 3/21 (bengston); 2/7 (Lisa on repatterning our minds); 1/17 (laughter yoga - train yourself to laugh when you are triggered on a walk or in the car); then keep on scrolling at https://www.holisticactions.com/empower-hours/ for even more.
Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Lil, I second what Dr J and J said. After a homeopathic medicine it is very important to track symptoms BUT NOT to REACT to symptoms. Also, human interpretations are often skewed by our past experiences and really not knowing what our animals are thinking.

It may be that fear is a shut down state that is lower BEAM than standing up for herself/excitement/ even alertness. Time will tell. Be patient and keep in touch with Dr. Judith.

AND, remember Dr. Bernie Siegel and Anitra Frazier - YOUR thoughts super affect Blossom, so keep working on yourself - EFT, meditation, breathing, eden energy medicine - and it will roll over to Blossom. It is important to soldier through even when you do NOT understand - just be patient.
Dr. Christina
Communicated with Dr. Judy today and she advised me to give another dose if I see Blossom's anxiety increase. Today after 3 successive car rides she was getting more anxious on the 3rd ride, so tomorrow I will dose her again. I did not want to dose her and then leave the house so will see how she does tomorrow. For a few days her walking has been better too. Glad I waited 3 days to see the effect of the dose I gave her saturday instead of giving daily doses. Thank you Dr. Jeff for the sage advisory.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're super welcome Lil!

I'm also very glad you let tincture of time work its magic by waiting and watching for a few days!!

LilF

Community Member
Registered
You're super welcome Lil!

I'm also very glad you let tincture of time work its magic by waiting and watching for a few days!!
Uh oh, I think I overlooked this until now. Blossom does not drink water so I was hydrating her with her food and offering bone broth, goat milk and juices from cooked meat etc... Well 2 days after the aconite administration, she did not want the bone broth in the morning when offered, a few laps and that is all. She has still been drinking the goat milk in the afternoons and juices from the meat etc... But she is not hydrating in the mornings like before. She was enjoying this and she should be somewhat dehydrated in the morning for her body to want fluid. We just got back from a morning walk and I offered it to her and she did not want it even though it is morning AND she went for a walk. I was going to give her another aconite dose early afternoon for the car anxiety. Her hydration is a problem and she is going for blood next week so she needs to drink. Actually she NEVER turns down anything (except carrots) I offered her since I got her almost 8 months ago. Any thoughts?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
did you check hydration - gums, skin tent? She may be fine.
And did Dr. Judy say to repeat Aconite?
Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Will she drink goat's milk?
Yes she does drink goats milk. So today I did not even offer the Primal bone broth in the morning. I gave it to her warmed in the afternoon. She seemed to hesitate drinking it, looking up after a few laps but then drank it. With the goats milk she doesn't lift her head. I don't know what it is about the bone broth all of a sudden. She always drinks everything (except water of course). I was using the bone broth to hydrate her in the morning. I think dogs and people are dehydrated in the mornings. My other dogs always drank water in the morning. So it was good to top her off in the mornings but now she doesn't want it. I might add that my vet said when he drew her blood back in April she was not clinically dehydrated.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Quick thought about drinking Lil. Have you tried structured (aka gel water) water for Blossom?

This water tastes better and many pets will drink it rather than regular water.

The easiest way to try this is to soak ground chia seeds overnight, filter out the seeds, then use the water. 1-2 tbsp/cup of water works well. You can also buy systems that produce structured water (search the forum for Francine's experience with the Vitalizer Plus and structured water which stopped her migraines).

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Perfect. And I DO have chia seeds to start. I remember some webinar on that about the chia seeds but never thought to try the structured water. Maybe it can help me too. Years ago I would soak the chia seeds and eat them myself as a mush. Sounds like a great idea that would hydrate and help her physically. Thanks. I'll get started

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
also, you may want to watch the Feb 13 webinar with Gina Bria of the hydration foundation. She said that eating/feeding foods high in water was even better than trying to drink water, even structured water.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Lil!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom