• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Biopuncture and Aquapuncture for Bella with kidney disease

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Good afternoon! I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! I am still exploring modalities to support Bella's kidney issues and her BEAM! I recently came across some services offered at a local holistic vet office near me that I have zero experience with: biopuncture and aquapuncture. There is a nice article about it on their website, but I wondered if any of you can shed some light on these techniques from your own experience? @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve

Last edited:

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Aquapuncture is injecting a tiny amount of sterile solutions, such as saline or Vit B12, into acupuncture points, in order to prolong the effect (as opposed to removing the needles in 15 minutes and that's it). I've used it myself, with effects lasting up to 6 weeks. We used B12-lidocaine (because B12 stings!).

With homeotoxicology, some practitioners use sterile homotox remedies instead, plus or minus the patient's own blood (autosanguis). Not sure how many are doing this now after Heel removed their products from N American market a few years back.

Biopuncture appears to use other types of injections, such as plant extracts. I would hesitate about that, unless the solutions are guaranteed to be sterile.

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Aquapuncture is injecting a tiny amount of sterile solutions, such as saline or Vit B12, into acupuncture points, in order to prolong the effect (as opposed to removing the needles in 15 minutes and that's it). I've used it myself, with effects lasting up to 6 weeks. We used B12-lidocaine (because B12 stings!).

With homeotoxicology, some practitioners use sterile homotox remedies instead, plus or minus the patient's own blood (autosanguis). Not sure how many are doing this now after Heel removed their products from N American market a few years back.

Biopuncture appears to use other types of injections, such as plant extracts. I would hesitate about that, unless the solutions are guaranteed to be sterile.
Thank you for your feedback, Dr.Jean!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom