• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Biomat...are there any alternatives?

DeborahF

Community Member
Registered
It has been recommended I use a Biomat to alleviate my older cat's anxiety. However, upon checking, they are QUITE expensive, even the "mini". Are there any products out there that might have benefits for anxiety as well? (perhaps such as Assisi products or Earthing mat products?) Does anyone have experience with any of these including the Biomat? Would hate to spend $700 and not have any benefit from it! Would there be anywhere you could buy a gently used one?????

Any thoughts and or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Deb

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Deborah!

PEMF devices like the Biomat have indeed been shown to help anxiety. Here's the Assisi version (it can be used for cats but you might want to contact them about the fitting):

As we've discussed, it's also very useful to stimulate as much of a rest, relax and restore (parasympathetic state) for Lucy by promoting purring and petting as much as possible, Engaging her in games she love can alo help.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
The PEMF generator from EarthPulse is less expensive and way more versatile. Even the baseline one is perfectly adequate and just as powerful. You can use it ON as well as under your pet or under your mattress or pet bed, on painful areas or just sleep on it. There is a lot to be said for this device, as you can use it for long intervals, every day or night. There is no "overdose", and it is tuneable to the frequencies best for you. Check out <earthpulse.net>.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, Earthpulse is great! One big con (and pro) of this device is that the frequency can be changed. And the specific frequency for treating separation anxiety used by Assisi is proprietary unfortunately.

However, theoretically (based on the physics of energy) it shouldn't matter much if the PEMF device is used along with homeopathy.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Yes! And - but: EarthPulse lets you experiment to find what intensity, etc. works best for you over time. Some folks are way too jazzed by a 100% setting; others are fine. The makers do not purport to address specific conditions with specific settings - just gradually to improve your systemic function by removing obstacles caused by less-than-ideal frequencies in one's environment.

And, yes, I've used mine concurrently with homeopathy, for both me and the kid. It's on every night as we sleep. I figure anything that makes you work better is going to make remedies work better, too.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes! And - but: EarthPulse lets you experiment to find what intensity, etc. works best for you over time. Some folks are way too jazzed by a 100% setting; others are fine. The makers do not purport to address specific conditions with specific settings - just gradually to improve your systemic function by removing obstacles caused by less-than-ideal frequencies in one's environment.

And, yes, I've used mine concurrently with homeopathy, for both me and the kid. It's on every night as we sleep. I figure anything that makes you work better is going to make remedies work better, too.
How do you find the best setting for your pup though?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I would suggest that you refer to the EarthPulse web page. As I implied, setting is not very critical, as this device is meant to enhance the immediate environment, and not to target any specific need with laser-like precision.

EarthPulse.net

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom