• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Better Rabies Vaccine?

KateN

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Barbara

My husband and I would like to travel with our dog Peaches (11yo spayed female bichon-maltese mix, 10lbs, good BEAM, all standard vaccines up until she was 6, no medications currently) but are wary of giving her the standard rabies vaccine after our other dog Jackson died from his last rabies vaccine. We listened to a webinar put on by Holistic Actions from a researcher/vet who suggested that there was another type of rabies vaccine that did not contain the the same problematic adjuvants and could potentially have less risk associated with it.

We've asked our vet about it and she said that they don't carry it/have access to it, but that it might be possible to find another vet that would be willing to simply give the vaccine.

Do any of you know where/how we might come by such a vaccine in our area? We're located in Northern California (either Nevada County or Mendocino County would work well).

Or perhaps I could get in direct contact with the researcher/vet that you hosted on the webinar?

Thanks for any help you can offer here.

-Kate

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Kate!

You may be referring to Dr. Dodds's vacccine webinar where she discussed the non-adjuvanted Purevax for cats:

Dr. Dodds is available for consultation through Hemopet:

More info from the rabies challenge fund:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom