• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Arthritis in dogs

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hello HA family. I have looked through the forum files for info on doggy arthritis and couldn't find what I was looking for, so at the risk of asking a question that perhaps has already been well answered, I need some information on holistic treatments for doggy arthritis. More specifically, my dog Celeste is experiencing osteoarthritis in her shoulders, more so the left shoulder. Celeste is 11 years old, quite long-legged and slim in build. She would be described as a medium size dog. For the past couple of years, I have been treating her with an on-going regimen of glucosamine/chondroitin tablets. Also, CBD oil for pain when I really notice her limping.

Lately, she really has been licking her left front leg a lot, which is generally an indication of discomfort. This morning, she is limping badly and is mopey and unwilling to move much. I gave her Hypericum 200C which has helped ease the discomfort to the point she will move around. What I need to find out is what more can I give her to help with her discomfort. I sure do not want anti-inflammatory meds or steroids if I can at all help it. Having osteoarthritis myself, I know it can't be "cured" only managed. What more holistically can I do for Celeste?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Bonnie! I'm sorry to hear about Celeste's challenges with arthritis.

You're 100% correct that the physical changes, e.g. joint thickening and osteophytes, may need to be managed (vs. cured).

However, the way her body responds energetically and molecularly to the physical manifestations can be cured. At any age. Where there's life there's energy (and healing ability).

Hypericum's a great start for the acute manifestations (especially if nerves and nerve rich areas are involved).

But this remedy, like Arnica (which can also be helpful for managing arthritis), is rarely (in my experience) the deeper-acting ("constitutional") remedy needed.

That is usually determined by history, prior health challenges, and other symptoms.

There are lots of foods and supplements that can help starting with bone broth.

Twice daily Lumasoothe sessions (especially if performed with love and intent) often work well:

There are lots of other specific suggestions in the resources that Aruna sent as well as scattered throughout the forum.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hey Bonnie! I'm sorry to hear about Celeste's challenges with arthritis.

You're 100% correct that the physical changes, e.g. joint thickening and osteophytes, may need to be managed (vs. cured).

However, the way her body responds energetically and molecularly to the physical manifestations can be cured. At any age. Where there's life there's energy (and healing ability).

Hypericum's a great start for the acute manifestations (especially if nerves and nerve rich areas are involved).

But this remedy, like Arnica (which can also be helpful for managing arthritis), is rarely (in my experience) the deeper-acting ("constitutional") remedy needed.

That is usually determined by history, prior health challenges, and other symptoms.

There are lots of foods and supplements that can help starting with bone broth.

Twice daily Lumasoothe sessions (especially if performed with love and intent) often work well:

There are lots of other specific suggestions in the resources that Aruna sent as well as scattered throughout the forum.
Dr Jeff is this what I should order for Healey and Lola? Did you have a discount code? Thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes Judy, that is the device we have spoken about for all of your pups.

Unfortunately, no they did not give us a discount code.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom