• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Arnica 10M for Dental Surgery - Recap & Questions

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you, @Dr. Jeff for the call today. To recap on the instructions given re Arnica 10M pre and post Hope's dental surgery (read more about Hope's dental extractions, here: Caring for a Pup with no teeth)

Arnica 10M
- Dose right before surgery, right after, then again when we get home.
- Pain meds will be prescribed. However, dose10M first then see if pain meds will be needed.
- As for Antibiotics (Which will be prescribed also), give as needed just for a few days.

Questions:
1) Use "double dilution" method of 10 succussions, Q-Tip?
2) What method do we ask the vet tech to dose the remedy right after the surgery? I think using the Q-Tip double dilution method may be too much to ask...?

Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
1. No
2. Any way that is easiest for them. A drop on his gums post-op works well.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina

Just got a call from the Hope's vet office - the vet Dr. Hopkins who will be doing Hope's dental surgery has not heard of homeopathy, thus she will NOT allow Arnica 10M at her practice. However, she said I can do whatever I want to at home - My question is, will it be just as effective if I dose Arnica when I drop her off in the morning and when I pick her up in the afternoon - those times would not be Immediately before and after the surgery.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, that's perfectly fine Christine.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks, @Dr. Jeff -

Arnica 10M will be dosed by me before I hand Hope over to them (in the parking lot :( ) and again in the car on the way home....

Q1: When do I dose her again when we get home? Do I do "wait and watch" or just dose her the remedy?

Q2: If she still experiences pain, may I rub ElleVet (CBD) on her gums then see if pain meds will be needed?

Q3: You mentioned that I can give Hope antibiotics for a few days...but would it be okay to completely skip antibiotics?

I have prepared Flower Essences ("Recovery" by Green Hope Farm and Rescue Remedy), some AnimalEO oils and ozonated dental gel for supportive care.

Thank you for helping me in making the right HMDM. I appreciate it very much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
1. Dose whenever she seems uncomfortable, gets restless, isolates, or just seems "off". It's almost impossible to dose too frequently after surgery (but less is more).

2.Yes.

3. Depending on the degree of dental dis-ease, infection and what is done in her mouth conventional vets would say no. In my practice I primarily use homeopathy pre and post op to reduce risk of infection.

YW Christine! Good luck to Hope today.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom