• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Anxiety

EllyJ

Registered
I have a 15 year old male Maltese/Lhasa mix; neutered; 15 lbs, very few vaccinations over his lifetime (mostly rabies); very few health problems (a couple of UTI's, 1 ear infection); very little medication given. On a raw diet for the past 3 months. Low EMF household. Mostly avoided flea medications, and heartworm prevention.
His BEAM..... he's always been possessive of me. Will bark, bite, or grow if people get close to me while I'm sitting or lying down, or if they just pass by my room or talk to me from afar. For a variety of reasons, I'm really cracking down on this now. He's always been very spry; people can't believe he's 15. His appetite is good. His mood is up and down. Sometimes he's happy but sometimes I notice he just can't relax. We sit on the bed together often and he looks up quickly if I make a noise. He just seems like he's constantly checking on me.

I want to do homeopathic treatment for his anxiety. I have recently consulted with a pet trainer and we're working on his aggression. I did an acupressure session on him last week that GREATLY increased his joy and energy. But he's still a little anxious. I also do crystal therapy on him once in a while. I tried Ignatia for a week (diluted 1 pellet in water and put one drop in his mouth) but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm wondering if I should give more Ignatia and if so, how much, and when?

He's also currently battling an ear infection, but that seems to be getting a little bit better.

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Elly-
Do you know what potency (6c, 30c, 200c, etc) of Ignatia you used?

Since the body often doesn't respond to dosing right away, your best for now might be to wait and watch for 1-2 weeks after the last dose you gave.

In the meantime, continue daily acupressure sessions, do whatever makes him happiest and reevaluate soon.

If you haven't done so already, you might also want to ask your vet to send out a senior wellness profile including tests for thyroid (free t4, t4, etc.).

EllyJ

Registered
Hi Elly-

Since the body often doesn't respond to dosing right away, your best for now might be to wait and watch for 1-2 weeks after the last dose you gave.

In the meantime, continue daily acupressure sessions, do whatever makes him happiest and reevaluate soon.

If you haven't done so already, you might also want to ask your vet to send out a senior wellness profile including tests for thyroid (free t4, t4, etc.).
Thanks Dr. Jeff. I gave him 30c.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I look forward to hearing how your pup is doing in a few weeks.

Elly, are you already using a full spectrum CBD like:

EllyJ

Registered
Hi Elly-

Do you really recommend the senior wellness profiles? And I guess I can treat anything they find holistically, right? My vet is conventional; he'd recommend medication. The Medical Medium says thyroid issues are due to Epstein-Barr (IF he has thyroid issues and IF dogs can have Epstein- Barr). I've had really bad experiences with conventional medicine so I try to stay away unless there's an emergency. I'm not really pro conventional medicine. Please enlighten.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes,I really do. Vet exams and diagnostic tests give you valuable information about pets' internal symptoms (vs.exrernally visible, and even more useful ones, like BEAM).

Once you collect the info, your open-minded or integrative vet (and HA!) can help interpret the info. so you can make mindful medical decisions for your pup.

I absolutely agree about distrusting "antis", and some conventional medicines, that can work against important mechanisms in the body.

IMHO it's critical to work with the body and the healing power of nature (which is what Monday's webinar is about!) to help our pets maintain and regain true health.

So yes, collect all of the info. and then use methods that work with your pup (and nature) to deeply heal his homeostastic mechanisms (which are ways to stay balanced).

This topic (One Health Medicine and working with nature) is super important to me, so Elly please ask for clarification of any confusing point.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom